Not keen on the bright lights on the yoke centre.

They can be dimmed or switched off completely

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Why it is not possible to order on their webpage.....it's out of stock all the time!

Iris are not accepting any more orders for the yoke, they had alot of teething problems with their in-house manufacturing and some personnel also leaving the company; I think their strategy going forward is to license out their control loading technology and use third party manufacturer. It's entirely possible that in the not too distant future we may see flight sim hardware coming to market from other manufacturers with something like "Powered by Iris Dynamics" etc.

This first version of their yoke has essentially became a limited run product. Once all their existing back orders have been delivered there will be no more.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Iris are not accepting any more orders for the yoke, they had alot of teething problems with their in-house manufacturing and some personnel also leaving the company; I think their strategy going forward is to license out their control loading technology and use third party manufacturer. It's entirely possible that in the not too distant future we may see flight sim hardware coming to market from other manufacturers with something like "Powered by Iris Dynamics" etc.

This first version of their yoke has essentially became a limited run product. Once all their existing back orders have been delivered there will be no more.

Ok...so do you think we will see something like a PFC yoke with Iris Dynamics control technology ?!

....sounds very promising to me to be honest....

But I hope this won't push up the price too far :unsure:

I've been watching this team since the beginning. I'm sorry that the team is closing, but the communication at all stages was very vague regarding deadlines which scared me off. I can't tell you how many times I was about to submit an order and always felt like I needed to wait it out. I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt this way.

I hope this tech is licensed to a different group soon.

supporter.jpg

I'm wondering why this kind of "control-loading-force-feedback-technology" (or how ever you want to call it :Nerd:) has not been taken up already by any other hardware developer?!?

I mean there isn't anything comparable on the market as far as I know....

I was looking at one of these before I discovered the Iris yoke last year.

I believe its probably the closest in price and functionality to the Iris, albeit it uses a different mechanical method.

http://www.beh.ch/CLS-Economy-Yoke.200.0.html?&L=4

I'll keep an eye on that....

I've been told that goflight is working closely with Iris in building a force feedback yoke

They should have partnered up with someone from the start. I think the design was solid but the execution took way to long for a finished product.

supporter.jpg

Whoever will take the project fowared should make it affordable, keeping it for the "Patrecians" will serve a little purpose, and it's realy dosn't matter how realistic/ good / bad the device is .. Goflight are

good with bringing to us practical panels in a resonable price, though, I got kind of feeling that their Yoke doesn't do so well, and IMHO it is becouse of the price.

The experince of uptodate technoligy should be the property of all of us

Cheers

Yair     

This is a copy of a review I posted on the IrisDynamics forums. Hopefully this information is useful to anyone concerned.

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I wanted to post my first impressions of the Iris yoke. Before I dive into the details, I have read some of the comments in regards to this piece of hardware and I just wanted to say I understand your frustrations with the delays. I believe that in time all orders will be filled.

I pre-ordered almost a year ago, and my yoke finally arrived yesterday. I understand that it can be difficult to invest in a product and not receive updates, but I think that you all should rest assure that your yokes will be coming. I use to visit the forums every day, to see if I could find any small sliver of new information in regards to order updates. In the end I decided to just not worry about it. I checked on the status of pre-orders early this year, about 30 days later I got a reply, and about 30 days after that I had my yoke. So too those still waiting, exercise a little more patience. I think the guys at Iris will get it done. In the end it’s worth it…now with that out of the way here’s my impressions of the yoke.

I have been simming for many years. I don’t post much to sim aviation threads, but I have always been there under the radar. The Iris Yoke is by far one of the best FS yokes I have ever had the chance to experience. I use the word experience, because you don’t use the Iris Yoke, you experience it. Let me explain just a little more.

Imagine loading up your PMDG 737 with the Iris Yoke connected, and FSForce 2 installed for your force control. Right away you’ve noticed something is a little different. The yoke has a lot of forward pressure on it. Because you’ve never experienced this in FS before, you might think that it’s a bug, but it’s not. You’ve just stepped up the level of immersion with this new control loading idea. What you’re feeling is the weight of your elevators causing this pressure.

Now you stop in think, this is so cool. But wait it gets better. You’ve started pushback from the gate and start your taxi. You feel small bump vibrations from the control as your stroll down a less than perfect taxi way. As you taxi, you still have that weight of the elevators giving that forward pressure on the yoke. You start to wonder if it’s actually going to work. Will the yoke even allow takeoff?

ATC has just cleared your for takeoff. Thrust engaged. The copilot calls 80 knots. But wait, something strange is starting to happen. That weighted pressure is starting to feel lighter and lighter. Yes, as the air flows over the surface of the elevator and ailerons, you will feel the pressure of gravity slip away.

I will leave the story there. There’s too many new experiences to talk about in this one post. This was just my first impression of the new level of emersion.

So is the Iris Yoke worth it? Absolutely. It’s really too bad that there’s no more new orders being excepted. Hopefully after Iris gets all of its existing orders sorted out they will continue to except new ones. Any one serious about this hobby should experience the difference using the Iris Yoke. It’s pricey but so worth it. If you got in on the pre-order or Kickstarter prices, then you got a very good deal.

Just a few things I wanted to add. Some have complained about the noise. You can hear the fan a little, but once you load your aircraft it’s a non-issue. I don’t have my sim on full blast because I need to hear ATC on VATSIM, and I still cannot hear the Iris Yoke’s fan. I can only hear it when the simulator is off, and even then it’s very faint.

The quality of the yoke is good. I’m not sure what the quality of the early yokes were, but the quality now is good. There was no damaged parts on the yoke. While the resin yoke handle option is less than perfect, it’s fully acceptable in my opinion. The resin yoke feels really good in my hands. No sharp edges, smooth and very sturdy. 

Precision was the most important factor for me. I initially order this yoke, because I wanted something that was more precise while hand flying. 10/10 on precision is all I can say. I have no more issues hand flying SIDs or approaches.

To the guys at Iris, I say job well done. I have no idea how may orders they have left to fill, but this yoke is a game changer in my opinion. I’m thoroughly satisfied with this product, and I would recommend it. This was a long wait, but very much worth it.

Hope this review helps anyone with concerns.

Used in review:

FSX Steam Edition

PMDG 737-800

Active Sky Next

REX4 and Soft Clouds

Irisdynamics Yoke

FSForce2 w/Yoke Add-on Package

Jamal