Sign in to follow this  
Woc

Some Advice From You, Chaps?

Hi Captains,

These summer days I feel very "propy", which is my particular way to say that I'm gettin' back to props aiplanes. I don't have any two-engines prop airplane on my hangar. Some advice to buy one? (no Q400 for now)

Thanks

PS: sorry to be a bit off topic

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Well, as this is a forum for PMDG users, I'll point you to their Jetstream 4100, a superbly modelled twin turbo-prop small passenger aircraft.

You could visit the Jetstream sub-forum here in the PMDG area. If you decide to buy you'll find what you need at www.precisionmanuals.com

Iain Smith

Agree, the JS4100 is fun to fly and requires some study to become proficient. There are a lot of tight spaces that this bird will get into and out of such as Aspen CO. RSR used to be a captain in one of these and his personal attention to detail in apparent. The only shortcoming is the FMS which does work as promised but keep in mind it is from the era before GPS based navigation was the norm.

Dan Downs KCRP

The J41 is a great aircraft, made a little more manageable with FS2Crew.  You'll love taking off on a hot day and watching the engine temp climb into the critical range; it's quite the handful.

If you are looking for something that is a joy to fly, much easier to hand fly and very forgiving, you could do much worse than the Twin Otter extended.

I know you have indicated no Q400, i think that's a shame, it really is a tour-de-force in props.  It's basically an NGX quality prop aircraft.

Ian R Tyldesley

You'll love taking off on a hot day and watching the engine temp climb into the critical range; it's quite the handful.

I remember a few single engine landings. Non-FADEC birds FTW!

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Im pretty sure you got the wrong forum ? Your asking for TP recommendations would be better in the general forum but having said that I 100% agree with the above posters The JS41 first and the Twotter a very close second IMO

May I ask why you don't want the Q400?

ZORAN

Some advice to buy one?

Jetstream 41 - you won't regret it, and it's well worth the money (especially because it's comparatively inexpensive, compared to other add-ons with less functionality).

There are a few tutorials in my signature to get you up to speed.

Kyle Rodgers

May I ask why you don't want the Q400?

Thanks for all your replies, captains. I truly appreciate it!

For sure I'd love the Q-400 since always I try to learn as much as I can get from the manuals, vids, forum, etc... The reason why for now I don't want to deal with the Q-400, is because I need some "manuals study" vacation. No systems and procedures learning and practicing during this month. Just jump into the cockpit of a prop and do a 1,500 ~ 2.000ft visual flight at 90 ~ 100kt over St. Marteen, Cancun, Ibiza or some of those beautiful places around the globe. Next moth I'll get back to my daily flying studying.

There are a few tutorials in my signature to get you up to speed.

Thanks Kyle. As always, you are one of my learning sources  B)

In other hand, when FSX is loading, I'm gettin' a window regarding to RAAS Professional. It says "The R4.CSV file is MISSING!". And obviously, I don't get RAAS calls during takeoff and landing. Any clue, guys?

Thanks

Ivan Lewis

Thanks Kyle. As always, you are one of my learning sources 

Welcome!  Glad to help!

Kyle Rodgers

some "manuals study" vacation. No systems and procedures learning and practicing during this month. Just jump into the cockpit of a prop and do a 1,500 ~ 2.000ft visual flight at 90 ~ 100kt over St. Marteen, Cancun, Ibiza or some of those beautiful places around the globe

In that case i would definitely get the Twin Otter.  The J41 is a nice aircraft, but does require some study. 

Ian R Tyldesley

Thanks for the tips on the TwOtter, guys.  Looks like I'll add that to the fleet, too.  Debating between the B200 and it at the moment.  I'll probably end up getting both, but not at the same time.

Kyle Rodgers

Debating between the B200 and it at the moment.

Kyle, what airplane are you flying in the "Understanding Approaches Example" vid of SYSK series?

Ivan Lewis

Kyle, what airplane are you flying in the "Understanding Approaches Example" vid of SYSK series?

Real Air Turbine Duke

Kyle Rodgers

Real Air Turbine Duke

Thank you. B)

Ivan Lewis