Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Still Trim issues with Sp1b

Why is that even a question...? I don't usually criticize things that in depth if I don't own them (exceptions for ATC programs, because I know where and how they're going to fail).

Definitely don't own it, though. I'm clearly just parroting what someone else told me:

Well clearly, the reason I asked if you actually had the product, was because you were unaware that the clock had been fixed, and that turbulence was addressed quite a while back. I'm stunned to be honest. Guess you haven't applied the relevant patches.

Guess you simply aren't up to speed. So given that you aren't up to speed, I find myself surprised that you commented with such authority.

To add even more, the "radar" is laughable at best.

Which is nothing to do with the flight dynamics being coded outside of FSX.

So no "glaring deficiencies" as a result of Majestics method of coding outside of FSX.

I'd suggest having a look at the speed/timing issue

Oh yes, I'm sure you'll find something if you look.

Not to support Kyle...something i don't enjoy doing really :P ...but, while i very much enjoy the MJQ400, if you push it outside the comfortable flight parameters it goes very strange. Try a stall with a severe nose up AoA, it falls like a paper plane, like the FDE suddenly forgets about the mass of the aircraft. At extreme control deflections it rolls faster than the DCS Sabre...ok slight exaggeration. It really is an amazing aircraft but it too has it's issues.

I've not seen anything like that, or heard that before.

Mind you, I'm not a Dash pilot, so I wouldn't comment on what is, or is not proper behaviour.

As I say, not seen the weirdness you describe.

Nothing is perfect, my contribution is only to point out to Kyle, that the original issues he describes were fixed long ago.

Guess you simply aren't up to speed. So given that you aren't up to speed, I find myself surprised that you commented with such authority.

None of that was in the changelog.  An important function in letting people know what, precisely, was fixed.  Can't blame me for not truly noticing if it wasn't noted.  I had to be on the latest SP to help beta the FS2Crew thing (exhibited in the earlier image).

Kyle Rodgers

Huh... the turbulence issue was addressed at length, last year, and was most definitely in the changelog. I recall it was patch 1.008. it also included an ini file parameter so that users could fine tune turbulence. If you have flown the Dash, you must have seen the difference between zero turbulence, and turbulence. It's like night and day.

Same for the clock, it now functions, for most as far as I know.

Anyway, the points you raised to support the notion that Majestics method generates weird anomalies aren't valid.

Same for the clock, it now functions, for most as far as I know.

You're not getting what I'm saying.  It's not a physical clock not working.  It's a discrepancy with how the aircraft progresses through time.  The end result is similar to a state where one would fly the default MS aircraft at half sim rate.  30 min in the sim would be 1 hour.  It's not that drastic with the Dash, but something is off.  I don't recall this being mentioned in any changelog.  That was my point.

It's one of my go-to aircraft to fly - don't get me wrong.  I just don't see why people keep using it as a model of OMG THE PINNACLE OF SIMULATION!!!

Kyle Rodgers

I thought this topic was about PMDG 777 stab trim issues so can we please return to the original topic. Too many threads get hijacked and mainly by the same people. 

You're not getting what I'm saying. It's not a physical clock not working. It's a discrepancy with how the aircraft progresses through time. The end result is similar to a state where one would fly the default MS aircraft at half sim rate. 30 min in the sim would be 1 hour. It's not that drastic with the Dash, but something is off. I don't recall this being mentioned in any changelog. That was my point.

As I said, not noticed it at all, and not come across the issue on the Majestic forum. Mysterious that I don't have that issue. Can you point me to this issue being debated on the majestic forum?

So how come you were unaware that the turbulence issue was fixed long ago?

I don't see any of these "glaring issues" you mention.

It's one of my go-to aircraft to fly - don't get me wrong. I just don't see why people keep using it as a model of OMG THE PINNACLE OF SIMULATION!!!

Nobody in this thread did. Which was why I was surprised when you suggested that we may have been implying that.

I thought this topic was about PMDG 777 stab trim issues so can we please return to the original topic. Too many threads get hijacked and mainly by the same people.

Are you saying Kyle is as serial hijacker? How silly. Neither Kyle nor I are responsible for that.

It's called evolution, threads evolve in all kinds of directions. With a little patience, I'm sure you will witness the thread meander back in it's original direction. Call it a temporary diversion.

Meanwhile... if you have anything important to contribute regarding 777 trim issues feel free to make that contribution now.

Ok, I hope the Majestic discussion is done then.

Maybe this will get us back in the right direction.

The OP of this thread asked me by PM:

" I can't wait to double reinstall the download and see if it makes any difference.

Is it all working perfectly for you?"

To which I answered:

"I had to go back through the thread to see what problem you were actually having:

you wrote:

I am still getting a noticable 'bubble/bounce' the moment the yoke is returned to neutral and the moment I apply the smallest amount.

When out of trim, the sudden pitch change when releasing the stick to achieve the trim ref speed seems odd.

unquote

THAT I am still getting too.

So I am not sure if you should re-update if it is that what you want to fix!

The reason for this behavior is ofcource that when neutral (better said, when within the neutral dead band zone defined jn the CDU) the FBW switches modes.

Nothing we can do about that.

I am afraid that when Ryan said "this is as good as we could get it" he meant this bobble/bounce is there to stay.

It is exactly for this mode switch over and the resulting pitch change that I want to modify my yoke.

Because if I increase the yoke force enough so that even when I am only a little out of trim I still feel considerable push/pull force, then I might not get into the CDU dead band untill actually IN-TRIM.

And then the strong pitch moment should never occur, right?

Does that make sence?"

The same question to all here......does that make sence?

Or do you guys see any other way of getting rid/smoothing out the sudden mode change over effect?

Rob Robson

Ok, I hope the Majestic discussion is done then.

Depends on Kyle, you know how naughty he can be. :wink:

I am still getting a noticable 'bubble/bounce' the moment the yoke is returned to neutral and the moment I apply the smallest amount.

When out of trim, the sudden pitch change when releasing the stick to achieve the trim ref speed seems odd.

unquote

THAT I am still getting too.

I'm going to test this tomorrow. See if I can identify what you are referring to. For now, don't think I've noticed that.

Right, I'm home...

I just opened up my config to check the version and I got what I expected, correct version..

PMDG 777-200LR
//
// Current with Build: 1.10.6061

Should I reinstall anyway? 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Alex, if you see my post earlier, I had the correct version too, with issues... so I reinstalled anyway.

Issue fixed. For some reason it didn't install correctly first time.

So my advice, based on my experience, is yes, reinstall SP1b.

Download a new version of SP1b though.

Alex, if you see my post earlier, I had the correct version too, with issues... so I reinstalled anyway.

Issue fixed. For some reason it didn't install correctly first time.

So my advice, based on my experience, is yes, reinstall SP1b.

Download a new version of SP1b though.

Still the same issues, the tiniest deflection of the yoke puts the aircraft in the perfect trim, even if it's out by 80knots +

Alex Ridge

Bad news Alex.

Trimmed for 310, and decelerating to 250, I was getting about 6mm deflection. After reinstalling SP1b I know get 30mm defection.

Did you download a new version of SP1b? I installed mine over the old installation.

Yu could try downloading a new version with firewall and AV temporarily off, just in case that's the issue.

Bad news Alex.

Trimmed for 310, and decelerating to 250, I was getting about 6mm deflection. After reinstalling SP1b I know get 30mm defection.

Did you download a new version of SP1b? I installed mine over the old installation.

Yu could try downloading a new version with firewall and AV temporarily off, just in case that's the issue.

Yeah I got it straight over from the support and download page...

:-(

Alex Ridge

OFF TOPIC:

If some of this thread's hard arguing guys need some diversion from their "daily business", here is a nice video clip about what the future might bring to us during our next FS stopovers: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx11UGsIXLs

ON TOPIC:

I use the Madcatz V1 stick and have no problems using the T7 trim.

I think it is mostly realistic in terms of pressure feel due to its conic buttom piece which is forced into its mold/pan by the same center spring that loads the actual hand piece on top. So you have a distinctive pressure point from which you add force gradually. (And if you are not trimming regularly, your arm will soon look like Schwarzenegger's...)  :wacko:

In the mid 90s I had a CH yoke, but never got used to it. Then I thought for years that it would be odd to stear a Boeing with a side stick, so "Busses" were my choice. Now I consider the stick more as a HID (human input device) in a virtual world that might be accompanied by a data glove quite soon. B)

BTW: I only have the unregistered FSUIPC running in FSX and my calibration settings for (aileron and) elevator axis are 50% sensivity and 25% null zone. (Spoiler axis: 100% sensivity, 0% null zone). In the Madcatz control panel I have all axis null zones on ZERO/NIL/NADA but I sometimes disconnect the stick from the USB connector when I notice axis noise/jitter. Disconnecting helps to get rid of residual volts in the pots and assures proper function while flying...  :blink: