Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Still Trim issues with Sp1b

Hi guys,

For those who were getting the trim only activating when the joystick was dead centre, what are the results with sp1b?

I am still getting exactly the same issue.

Situation: I put on the trim ref speed bug

Fly constant speed and Altitude (Autothrottle on holding 240 for example).

Trim all the way down to say 180, (expecting a nose up attitude) and the aircraft pitches up.. As soon as I apply any elevator, the effect dissappears.

Same going up and down

Alex

==

Edit, I am feeling like the trim hasn't been modified at all, am I on the correct version here?

2ah8ns1.jpg

p.s I did not get any promt running the Operations centre (to back up liveries or anything)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Alex, I forgot to refresh my browser and installed SP1 but not B. Did the file you downloaded have the number 6036 or 6061. If it says 6036, you installed the SP1, but not B

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Alex, I forgot to refresh my browser and installed SP1 but not B. Did the file you downloaded have the number 6036 or 6061. If it says 6036, you installed the SP1, but not B

I downloaded it just an hour ago, so I can confirm that it is the correct version, 6061 and the exe is titled sp1b

Alex

Alex Ridge

Ok, your good then

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I just retarted the PC and ran the EXE two more times.

Only on the second attempt, did the warning come up that I am wanting to install a previous version.

Then in the ops centre I got the notification and then FSX wanted me to confirm some new gauges.

Hopefully this will fix, trying now. 

Here is the 'correct' version showing..

30k3jb4.jpg

Trim issues still present.

Alex Ridge

With trim ref that far below actual airspeed you should be needing to keep almost full forward deflection on the joystick to maintain level flight. I just tested this the other day with the version that went out yesterday and it worked as expected.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I myself are finding the trim issues much improved. Like shown on many youtube video's you should use small inputs , wait for change then adjust. It's not a fighter jet :)

With trim ref that far below actual airspeed you should be needing to keep almost full forward deflection on the joystick to maintain level flight. I just tested this the other day with the version that went out yesterday and it worked as expected.

Not working for me, I can just touch the joystick forward a little and it flies like an 'in trim state'

Alex

Alex Ridge

Here too, Alex, are your controls set through FSUIPC and all control mappings deleted in FSX?

23.png

I am just running through FSX.

It's when I completely neutralize the yoke, the aircraft will suddenly (delay of about 1 second) bubble up or down if the trim reference speed is forced out.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Ok, I have nothing mapped through FSX, cleaned out all of it. Could never get rid of spikes and other troubles with FSX mappings, and the throttle problems when TO/GA was only solved when I followed a guide here, a long time ago.

I can't tell you that it will better your issues but at least I have never had the problems you mention. Could it be an idea to map only the elevator through FSUIPC and make a quick test?

Cheers,

23.png

Not working for me, I can just touch the joystick forward a little and it flies like an 'in trim state'

Same thing i just experienced, the FBW trim ref speed was around 180kts while the actual airspeed was 240 and the plane felt in trim, its only when i just barely touched the joystick back slightly to dead center that the plane started to pitch up. Are you using a HOTAS warthog by any chance?

EDIT: Just set a small null zone in FSX advanced control axis for the elevator, it appears to have made it a little better, currently in climb now, will have to wait until my next flight later today after takeoff to see if this worked.

Ok, I have nothing mapped through FSX, cleaned out all of it. Could never get rid of spikes and other troubles with FSX mappings, and the throttle problems when TO/GA was only solved when I followed a guide here, a long time ago.

I can't tell you that it will better your issues but at least I have never had the problems you mention. Could it be an idea to map only the elevator through FSUIPC and make a quick test?

Cheers,

Hi mate, thanks for your reply,

It's got nothing to do with if it's FSX or FSUIPC handling controls, I am pretty sure, as the flight controls (movement of yoke etc.) mirrors my input on the hardware.

Alex Ridge

I see that, but how can our two systems react so differently? The only thing that seems different is how the controls signals are input to FSX?

23.png