Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

The PMDG Boeing 747 V2.0

Please let them solve the time compression issues with the B777x first. The ultra long haul are unflyable for people like me who do not wish to sit in front of the computer for 4 hours plus for a flight like Hong Kong to New York at 4 times compression.

Regards,

Ronald

I just take off, fly to cruise and go to bed. Theres no point in sitting there watching it the whole time lol 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I just take off, fly to cruise and go to bed. Theres no point in sitting there watching it the whole time lol 

Thank goodness that doesn't happen in the real world!!!

Thankfully, in the real-world we do have relief crews but unfortunately we can only rely on the AP with FSX.

Yea, but considering that it's basically a real 744, including a working circuit breakers panel, it's a steal!  :lol:

Yes not one Circuit Breaker Panel but ALL of them as found in the real Cockpit. Both the ones on the overhead and the 350+ beside the F/O. Very funny to experiment with the 747 at cruise pulling a random CB.

And yes it is a MAJOR steal. One of the very few things not working in PSX is the CVR, - the logic is there but it doesn't actually record audio  :blink:

PSX is a stand alone simulator but can be linked EASILY to PSX or X-plane for scenery display. PSX runs extremely fluid with no stuttering if paired with recommended hardware. 2,5GHz dual core, 4GB Ram. It does NOT need a beefy GFX card, - it runs 60-70 fps on my Intel 4000 equipped Mac Mini @1920x1200.

Cheers

Yea, but considering that it's basically a real 744, including a working circuit breakers panel, it's a steal!  :lol:

I guess it depends on the person and how much money you have for one item. I would love to have a full cockpit, or for that matter track IR, a stack of gauges along with double throttles. But all of that will have to wait. When I retire I hope to get back to R/C or back to using my ppl. Now too many bills for any of it. 

the day the 747 V2 is released....the day we party :) the plane just feels different ...maybe is a child thing :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I understand you so,you are a great follower of the PMDG 747-400X and you are optimist,that the 747-400X will be released in sooner future ,did i have interpreted you correctly ?

Hi,

I just hope they release the 747 v2 before all real 747-400 are grounded.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/15/747-grounded/

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Don't underestimate the role of the 747-400 in freight companies. As a people carriers, it's days may be pretty much numbered, but there's still quite a few years left in the cargo market for her.

Quite amazing. If you go back to 2004 you will find much the same PS1 vs PMDG 744. PS1 was out and the 744 was coming "soon". Now it's PSX is out and v2 is coming "soon".

Absolutely no reason to say much here because it was all said back then.

PSX is amazing on steroids if that's your game (which for me it is), especially with the outside view generated by P3Dv2.3. The existing PMDG 744 while dated compared to the new 777 is still for me a great planned flight well spent, even with PSX also installed. v2 will no doubt do PMDG proud and will arrive to great fanfair and acclaim. Will one be better than the other; is an apple better than an orange? For some yes and for some no but I suspect for most, they'll both make their respective owners very happy indeed, especially if the underlying framework on which v2 will run can match the potential of the plane. I'll almost certainly get v2 for P3D or X-Plane but not if it's to be run on FSX. On FSX, v1 is just fine.

Even as companies, Aerowinx and PMDG are very different but they have two things in common. They both make top class quality products and they both support the respective needs of their customers.

Our hobby is better for them and for that a huge thank you to both.

Chris Stanley VTCC

Question: Who needs the 747 v2.0 when we have the 777?

Answer: I do!

Yes, 747-400 is always wellcome and is legitimated to come out in the new second version as NGX