Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Throwing in the towel....

...tried to port over all my FSX planes...got away with that in v2.2...but not going to happen with v2.3   I just installed the proper P3D installer for the C90 and my C377.  I have a PLANE!!!!!!   It looks like a plane...RUNS, like a plane...and has all the PARTS where they should be....

I don't get this, being the usual doubting Thomas that I am I installed the C337 into a dummy FSX folder from an installer that was dated 9/1/2011 last night which I have on a backup disk. I installed all the patches too and then copied the important stuff over to my v2.3 installation and fired it up. For me it worked fine, I did a flight ( - and instantly realized it had been far too long since I've enjoyed one of Berndt's FDEs, lol - ). I'm pleased with this outcome because my internet is really hit & miss and I was not looking forward to downloading P3D2 installers for everything. Only difference I can see between the way you did it Mitch and the way I did it is that I did a complete uninstall/reinstall using the original v2.0 installer+3 subsequent patches where you used the full v2.3 installer from the git-go. Damifino.

Unrelated, but the Verizon gods were smiling down on me last night so I took advanatge of the $20 Razbam Metroliner bundle deal and managed to actually download it with just one try. I was sweating bullets because it seems Razbam is a little tight in that respect, they gave me 5 downloads and the download link expires on Sept 13th! I crashed out when the download finished but this evening it's "Metro-thirty", lol. Always wanted that bird since 3 months before it was released! Stoked! Screenshot thread pending!

Jim

Unrelated, but the Verizon gods were smiling down on me last night so I took advanatge of the $20 Razbam Metroliner bundle deal and managed to actually download it with just one try.

Mind if I ask where you are located?  I know you mentioned before about spending $100 in ISP fees??  This just seems crazy to me, even if you are using Satellite to get the data from the remotest of islands in the south pacific ;)

$44/mo here for my ISP and I'm getting 109 Mbps down and 9 Mbps up  with a 500 GB cap per month.

Oh wait ... did you say Verizon?  As in Verizon wireless 4G Lte?  Wow, is that really your only option?  Oh now I understand, Verizon will suck the life (money) out of you - my wife's Verizon costs a fortune and she only gets  2GB per month - I don't know how Verizon get away with that myself, surely consumers would NOT accept such a ridiculous low GB limits?

I'd try to be-friend someone that is relatively close to you and ask them to send you the data on a 16GB USB stick - $7 - shipping $2 at most ... gotta be way cheaper than Verizon at $100.

Cheers, Rob.

C:\ProgramData\Package Cache

Hook

I notice in C:\ProgramData\Package Cache that I have 5 folders.  Two of them are date stamped today with what looks like hex code titles,  then the other 3 are date stamped March 2 (2 of them) and April 8 (1 of them).  The total size of C:\ProgramData\Package Cache is 31.3 GB.

I don't know that I have been deleting prior version of this cache when installing P3D v2.x.  And I don't even know if all of these 5 files are P3D updates (I have consistently re-installed the entire sim when there have been updates, due to some reports months ago of issues with the patch). 

Is there any way to identify what the 3 folders with prior dates are?  And even if I can confirm that they are all P3D files, is there any issue in deleting what appear to be stale versions of the cache?

Thanks, I love this new P2.3, it will take me day or so to get everything re-installed I'm thinking but the stock a/c look really good with incredible fps / performance.

Bruce.

Mind if I ask where you are located?

I live in a 3rd world country called North Idaho Rob, the land that time has forgotten! I've been waiting for over 10 years for DSL through the phone line! Thanks Obama, your "Connect America" program was brilliant! :rolleyes:

Yep, it's the 4G LTE plan, however I've seen 4G service exactly one time and that was in Sept of 2012 for a couple hours when somebody apparently screwed up and turned the cell tower on briefly. My biggest complaint is they don't roll over unused bandwidth into the next month, to me that should be illegal, I bought and paid for it, #####? If that were the case I'd have plenty of bought & paid for bandwidth available and I could load up my hotspot and a laptop, drive in, park next to the cell tower, and gather up some of these large files I've been wanting without it costing me an arm & a leg. I've been trying to download REX 4 since January for example, it simply can't be done. I'm locked in till April of next year, I won't be renewing under any circumstances even if that means no internet at all, lol.

I live in a 3rd world country called North Idaho Rob, the land that time has forgotten!

Wow ... amazing ... in the US no less.  Yeah, Verizon will charge you if you just happen to sneeze in their direction.  I assume DirecTV or Dish sat is not an option?  Or do they just parse it out to Verizon?

Cheers, Rob.