Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

LEST ILS app chart help

Pcubine where is that drop down lost located? Looking everywhere on topcat.

It is on the Takeoff Page in the Airport & Runway Section, The second box from the top right under Airport. Click on the down symbol and the full runway or runway/taxiway location will be displayed. Like I mentioned, some airports in TOPCAT don't have the runway/taxiway selection available, You will only see the full runways listed.

got another query it was mentioned CI means where you intercept the localizer and FI for the GP

But when i set up my route for practise to see, the FI was at 4nm away from the runway and the alt of 1520. the airport is EGKK and rwy 08R. But the GP is at 8.6nm.

First of all I found one mistake you've made. Here in EGKK there is an approach transition called WILLO. You have to select it after you select the approach (I08R).

Then you'll have that D8.6 waypoint. FI is always the last waypoint before RWXX runway waypoint. And actually you can intercept glideslope in between 8.6 and 4.0nm as cleared by ATC. And the 1520' is the corrert altitude at 4.0nm according to charts.

also how come my TOW is more than my GW

TOW = 67.1

GW = 66.8

You've burnt 300kgs of fuel on taxi.

pcubine i found it but it takes me to the airport search is that right?

rsvit i was getting vectored so didn't need the transition. still would think the FI would of been at the GP intercept point, but i see what you mean. D8.6 would of been another waypoint is that what your are saying then when i start on the GP 

i would then reach the FI at 4 nm?

Vernon Howells

pcubine i found it but it takes me to the airport search is that right?

No. The box right below that. When you click on the down symbol there should be a list of runways and runway/intersections you can takeoff from. Click on one of those and it will appear in the box.

i only have two boes airport and runway

can you tell me an airport with this feature thanks

got it EGLL has it

Vernon Howells

got it EGLL has it
Excellent. You can also look at EGKK, LFPG, EHAM and EDDM. They all have intersection takeoffs.

rsvit i was getting vectored so didn't need the transition. still would think the FI would of been at the GP intercept point, but i see what you mean. D8.6 would of been another waypoint is that what your are saying then when i start on the GP 

i would then reach the FI at 4 nm?

Yep, it all depends on ATC, here you have a choice of GS interception.

rsvit about the GW and TOW why doesn' the TOW not update itself but stays as it is? i know you mentioned its what you have burnt during taxi. but isn't tow not mean't to be what it says?

Vernon Howells