Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Southern California possible?

Wondering if there are any plans for ORBX Southern California scenery?

Stan

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

They just announced Palm Springs airport with large area coverage.  Screenies over there.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

In the absence of ORBX, I use Bluesky scenery for this area.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

nip over to Orbx forum and ask...I dare you! B)

The Merriam Webster says :

1nip

verb \ˈnip\
nippednip·ping
Definition of NIP
transitive verb
a :  to catch hold of and squeeze tightly between two surfaces, edges, or points :  pinch, bite <the dog nipped his ankle>

b :  to pinch in (as a garment) <a dress nipped at the waist>
a :  to sever by or as if by pinching sharply

Now enlighten a poor French who thought he spoke a reasonable English (for a French that is to say), what do you mean by "nip over" ? Whom have I to pinch/squeeze at OrbX ?

Well, maybe dont answer after all.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

:lol:  Just when you thought you've learned English...Doh!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

In Southern California they wouldn't say nip.  They'd say 'take a trip', 'walk', 'drive' or 'slog'.  Of course, up in San Francisco, 'take a trip' means something else entirely.  If you say 'take a trip over to Orbx' in San Francisco, the response you might get is 'cooooool man' or 'you got some acid?  I'm all out.'  Here in the south we might say 'wander'.  In Australia they might say 'take a wolkabout' but they're just as likely to get lost.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Palm Springs is a regular airport for me using MegasceneryX SoCal and US Cities LA (yes, surprisingly both of these products reach all the way past Banning and into Palm Springs).  My first reaction was that there was no way this would be compatible, as MSX SoCal does some very strange things with scenery objects and its own mesh, and even Cities LA had some issues which took time to correct.  But after reading the Orbx intro thread, Jarrad says it should work fine.

I'm a huge fan of Jarrad's work (have all of his US airports), so with the compatibility question out of the way, this'll be an easy purchase decision.  A major wow on the preview images.

Scott

Cor blimey! Nip means to go somewhere close by very quickly. 'Back before ya know it' kind of thing. Now, can we get on?

And Palm Springs IS terrific. As long as Jarred doesn't weigh it down!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

My first reaction was that there was no way this would be compatible, as MSX SoCal does some very strange things with scenery objects and its own mesh, and even Cities LA had some issues which took time to correct. But after reading the Orbx intro thread, Jarrad says it should work fine.

I broke my Megascenery SoCal when I changed my lighting in my sim to brighten Orbx and the world.  Now it's way, way too bright.  Still trying to get it working and looking nice again.  Haven't flown SoCal in many, many months.  Used to be the only place I flew.  One thing, though.  I sure hope that OpenLC NA brings up the area around it all.  To me the area between KFAT/KMRY and Megascenery SoCal is weird.  I avoid it every chance I get.

Now, I'll nip on over to Orbx and take another look at those screenies.  :P

(Ron...you know we're just funnin' with ya.)

Gregg Seipp