Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Real World traffic timing and saturation with MyTraffic 5.4c

stuck on the communicator and DOS prompt, uh oh this is going to turn into a troubleshooting post :)

During the installer routine?

yes, The communicator comes up and the DOS prompt is running. I read to stop the communicator from the creator and let it go. I did that and I have a mytraffic file in the Prepar3d folder structure but I don't know if I have to add the mytraffic scenery folder, the mytraffic folder or add traffic files to world scenery folder. All the forums say add mytraffic but don't specify what part. I am happy that it installed "ok" but now it's just time to get it to work.

yes, The communicator comes up and the DOS prompt is running. I read to stop the communicator from the creator and let it go. I did that and I have a mytraffic file in the Prepar3d folder structure but I don't know if I have to add the mytraffic scenery folder, the mytraffic folder or add traffic files to world scenery folder. All the forums say add mytraffic but don't specify what part. I am happy that it installed "ok" but now it's just time to get it to work.

Just know that if you just installed the FSX version, those models are not optimised to run with P3D features. You have to get the MyTraffic 3D version. If you bought your FSX version from SimMarket,you will get an upgrade discount. If you do not care about auto jetways or self opening cargo bays etc,then FSX models will work fine.

I installed 54c from simmarket. It was a free upgrade from them but it says it works in fsx and prepar3d so now I am confused. Everything installed but I do not see any planes. I am using some WOAI planes so maybe they don't like each other (kinda like me and Prepar3d v 2.2. I am afraid to buy a new version because it's not cheap and I think 54c installed right. Are they fs9 models or fsx models and which one works with Prepar3d v2.2. I am pretty sure that WOAI use fs9 models but they work.

Would it work if I take the three traffic files and add them manually to the scenery/world/scenery file because that seems like the logical place to put them and where utilities like STB get their info. I am just speculating because at this point I have followed directions from the mytraffic forum but no planes show up. Why are simple things so confusing.

Is there an official MyTraffic installer and support for P3D V2.3?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Is there an official MyTraffic installer and support for P3D V2.3?

No, not yet...but it is in the planning...the actual version of 5.4c is for 1.4, BUT...it works like a charm in P3D v2.3...and the screen grabs are with that version inside v2.3.

I installed 54c from simmarket. It was a free upgrade from them but it says it works in fsx and prepar3d so now I am confused. Everything installed but I do not see any planes. I am using some WOAI planes so maybe they don't like each other (kinda like me and Prepar3d v 2.2. I am afraid to buy a new version because it's not cheap and I think 54c installed right. Are they fs9 models or fsx models and which one works with Prepar3d v2.2. I am pretty sure that WOAI use fs9 models but they work.

Would it work if I take the three traffic files and add them manually to the scenery/world/scenery file because that seems like the logical place to put them and where utilities like STB get their info. I am just speculating because at this point I have followed directions from the mytraffic forum but no planes show up. Why are simple things so confusing.

Bosflo...here is the .cfg file part that you need concern yourself with....just create what I have here...and you are then done with the .cfg file.  

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim, Avatar
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Submersible
SimObjectPaths.7=MyTraffic\Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\Weapons
SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\Countermeasures

Then....run P3D, and the Scenery Library, and point to your MyTraffic Folder.  Double click in any white space to get it to stick with W7...and then press APPLY...and back out....   You are then good to go...  In your Scenery/World/Scenery/ you will make sure that your trafficAircraft.bgl  is changed to: trafficAircraft.bgl.passive  and that will prevent default aircraft from showing up.  If you have installed properly....the trafficAircraft.bgl.passive should be 22,615 KB's in size. Those are the flight plans, etc...and also...do NOT use the 2013 schedule...as it can cause a crash in v2.3. Instead, use the 2012 schedule, and all will run like a top. Also, ANY FS9 models will TOTALLY screw up v2.3...delete them!!!   Finally, MyTraffic 5.4c3D is the version that will allow you to see all the animations working with the models.  The FSX version will not.  I hope this helps!

Mitch

"No, not yet...but it is in the planning...the actual version of 5.4c is for 1.4, BUT...it works like a charm in P3D v2.3...and the screen grabs are with that version inside v2.3."

I thought many airports needed updating yet ... before all is ok to use with P3D V2.3.

Best Regards,

How do you use a certain schedule?. If i convert WOAI to fsx with ai flight planner then will they all work together? I also deleted my default traffic file, do i need to have it for mytraffic?. Thanks so much for your help, we are getting there.

How do you use a certain schedule?. If i convert WOAI to fsx with ai flight planner then will they all work together? I also deleted my default traffic file, do i need to have it for mytraffic?. Thanks so much for your help, we are getting there.

You deleted your default traffic file?  Uh oh....    Actually, some of the .bat files LOOK for that, because they access that file in their routines. If you no longer have that file where it should be, you might have some run and stop DOS windows that will report on the last line of execution, that that file could not be found, and execution will stop, with the black DOS window closing.You should never delete the original as MyTraffic will alter that...to stop it from coming into play. Here's what to do to create a working re-schedule of MyTraffic 5.4c.   Open up the Communicator in FSX, and then under Flight Schedules (you'll find it...towards the left of the top mask....)  select 2012, and then the Communicator will run the *.bat file pertaining to that task. THEN.....when it is done, merely copy over into your P3D v.2.3 Scenery/World/Scenery-----> trafficAircraft.bgl.passive FOR THAT WILL NOW BE THE 2012 YEAR FLIGHT PLANS AND SCHEDULES THAT WILL RUN THE SHOW ALSO IN P3D MYTRAFFIC 5.4C3-3D.   Bosflo, that is an easy trick.  The MAIN difference between the two actual versions, is that with the version ending with 3D, that is the tweaked version that was actually released for P3D v1.4...in which the models will interact with the features that P3D has, but FSX does not.  If you merely, like a lot of folks have done...have ported or migrated their MyTraffic installation over from FSX, they will miss out on the animations, like for instance when I landed yesterday at a Canadian Air Force Base in Nova Scotia, I followed a Canadian Forces C707 (with beautifully detailed paint, mind you!!!! :)) and black smoke coming from those four cans, to its parking space. I have airport traffic at 100 percent, and as soon as the transport stopped, and the engine shut down, all the bay doors opened up by themselves, and service vehicles could go to work.  As I already showed in my screen grabs, it is so cool to see the A.I. aircraft that comes into a  commercial gate with a Jetway....have that jetway auto-extend and auto-position to the entrance/exit hatch.   Really adds for immersion, as well as pre-departure, I know at taxi, what aircraft will soon be contacting A.T.C., as their Jetways will retract prior to contact and push back. Again...love the immersion of this. So...that's why I sprang for both copies when upgrading, and of course took advantage of the hefty discount because I was a prior purchaser, which is offered to anybody that is upgrading their version of MyTraffic. I was running with v5.3b but wanted all the better models, MORE models, and jazzier paint jobs and logos....  

As for the WOAI end of the deal, that will have to be answered by someone that is using that A.I. set up. I have never have...have always been a MyTraffic guy...  ORBX stated that while you can USUALLY....that is the key word...USUALLY run their A.I. alongside other A.I. setups...there have been users reporting conflicts, and if any other program has FS9-modeled A.C. models, you are for sure, going to see problems, and/or outright CTD's....perhaps from a FS9 modeled fuselage being generated for taxi and flight, or near you in the air, etc.  This has caused P3D to come crashing down, or at the least to not work at optimum.  Only true FSX and P3D'ish models will not give P3D, gas.......

Hope this helps,

Post Edit:   I see that the auto-jetways are also enabled in FSX as well!   Cool beans!   So, I correct myself....MyTraffic 5.4c has jetways for both P3D and FSX.

Mitch'er

Well I am glad that it has worked out for you, but for me it has been nothing but a nightmare and a test to how unpredictable Prepar3d is. I have tried and tried but I have a CTD everytime. I have restarted, restored, recompiled and reorganized more times than I ever want to again. I have just installed ice traffic 5 and it does everything that I need to except it doesn't have as many airlines and they are fs9 planes but look just as good as WOAI planes. I was able to briefly view some mytraffic planes before the CTD and I was not too thrilled with them. The models in WOAI are much better and in the end I would rather have less variety but with better models. I have learned my lesson and I will wait for someday for an ai traffic program that works with whatever prepar3d version there will be at the time. There are too many questions now about installing add ons into prepar3d and I am not willing to mess everything up for some planes. I still have random CTD even after restoring and I will never understand this stupid simulator. Well now it looks like I have to reinstall everything all over again and all because of this even after restores. Why bother with creating a restore point if it doesn't do anything.

I really do appreciate all your help, you really went beyond the call to get me up and running but in the end it just isn't for me.

Wow...sorry you had so many problems. I do know that if you have the year 2013 as your flight schedule year, some were reporting problems. If you compile to 2012, no problems. The Dev is aware of this...and will look into it. There is one more thing you might try. Set up MyTraffic 5.4c in FSX...get 2012 compiled, and then copy the entire MyTraffic folder over to your P3D installation. That will do the trick....

Where do I find this version for Prepar3d? I purchased v5.4 for FSX at Simmarket, but see no mention of a 5.4c free upgrade anywhere...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Bert,

"I purchased v5.4 for FSX at Simmarket, but see no mention of a 5.4c free upgrade anywhere..."

You do not have 5.4c for FSX?

Best Regards,

Bert,

You do not have 5.4c for FSX?

I guess not. It's MyTraffic X Professional 5.4; the downloadfile in Simmarket is called MyTraffic_X_Professional_54a.zip.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I guess not. It's MyTraffic X Professional 5.4. I've alway found all these version numbers very confusing, lol. Have I missed one?

Yes, it can be a mess when to platforms are being sold.

One for FSX ans one for P3D.

For FSX : MyTraffic X Professional 5.4 has version/update ... basically a,b and lastly c, at SimMarket.

For P3D: MyTraffic3D is (check and verify (a and b  ..... but not for P3D ver 2.3 ......... still being developed.

I do not have the MyTraffic3D installed ....... waiting for it to have an installer .

Best Regards,