Sign in to follow this  
svfranchini

B757

I have to agree with Kyle as well! I think Level-D should just let PMDG do the 75/76 and satisfy the flight sim community. We gave them more than enough time and they haven't delivered. If Level-D care about the community, they would step as side!

Probably not much point in yet another thread like this... :unsure:

But I agree, a PMDG-quality 757 is the number one on my personal wishlist. Sigh. :wub:

Regards,

Lars Domen, aka Tyrion

My FS projects: http://larsdomen.tumblr.com/

I think people will have more fun flying a 757 or 767 than a 787 in flight sim. Really if you want a 787 - just look at the 777. Yes there's many differences, but there's not. In the real world, the 787 and 777 can share a TR like the 757/767 can. Airlines like BA are putting this into practice within the next year or so I believe! It's literally about a week course including ground school and sim time - not long at all, if that goes to prove how similar they are.

The cool things like airport maps on the ND wouldn't happen either unless PMDG stroke some deal with the guys that provide that stuff and I doubt it's cheap. Then all you have is a big screened/slight updated layout difference. I don't think the cabin altitude different would affect many here  :lol:

Why do I ramble about the 787? I don't know... I just maybe think that's the next big airliner project after the 747 series. I could be utterly wrong but that's me  :BigGrin: (and no, that's not any kind of 'inside scoop' - I'd hardly spill that now :mellow:) Hopefully by that time I won't be far off enough hours to fly a real 777/X  :wink: Hey Rob can I apply for the tech team on that project now? I mean, if that's not tempting fate then I don't know what is  :LMAO:

I think people will have more fun flying a 757 or 767 than a 787 in flight sim. Really if you want a 787 - just look at the 777. Yes there's many differences, but there's not. In the real world, the 787 and 777 can share a TR like the 757/767 can. Airlines like BA are putting this into practice within the next year or so I believe! It's literally about a week course including ground school and sim time - not long at all, if that goes to prove how similar they are.

Exactly, that would again speak for the development of a 787 since the foundation is more or less already there with the 777. Then again PMDG have stated that they won't go the 757/767 route and if I recall correctly, Robert himself stated several years ago during the conference in Munich that they are working on yet another secret project that "we won't expect coming from them" - I wonder if they will take the Airbus route after the major Boeings since there isn't much left in the industry...besides maybe the junglejet and the canadian stuff.