Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

MegasceneryEarth Ireland

Did some more flying and i'm seeing default underlapping or overlapping the MSE scenery along the coast lines along Glens of Antrim and along West side of Ireland, and also the picture that poster named Jesse posted:"Can you guess where this is? Coz I don't know" from above on the left side of the scenery shows default . Sent a ticket in to PCAviator.

Good thread and comparison.

Personally, I vastly prefer the Horizon shots.   The MSE shots look too saturated to me.

Did some more flying and i'm seeing default underlapping or overlapping the MSE scenery along the coast lines along Glens of Antrim and along West side of Ireland, and also the picture that poster named Jesse posted:"Can you guess where this is? Coz I don't know" from above on the left side of the scenery shows default . Sent a ticket in to PCAviator.

I think this is something that also affects the MSE England & Wales scenery.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Heard of that also. Wouldn't be so bad except Belfast is mostly or half default and coasts are what make Ireland for me. Northern Ireland was my big part of buying this because i was born there and my folks live there now. Still for $15 it was kind of worth it. 

Default scenery bleed through really isn't acceptable for photoscenery packages, whatever the price. It certainly needs to be sorted out.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Default scenery bleed through really isn't acceptable for photoscenery packages, whatever the price. It certainly needs to be sorted out.

That's unfortunately a common problem with all of MSE sceneries. It also affects all their US states and has been addressed here on avsim already a couple of times. Problem is, they keep on telling us, it cannot be fixed. And when you reply that other vendors (even freeware offers!) seem to have solved that issue, you don't get an answer from them anymore. That's why I have stopped buying their products. It's a pity, I know, because otherwise their sceneries are very good.

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I see Earth Simulations also have a Photo Scenery Product for Ireland. In fact they split the republic of Ireland into two and they are still on sale at 14.99UK pounds each with 50% off. Based on their Isle of Man product I am guessing their Ireland is fantastic. Has anyone tried it? It does not include NI

I see Earth Simulations also have a Photo Scenery Product for Ireland. In fact they split the republic of Ireland into two and they are still on sale at 14.99UK pounds each with 50% off. Based on their Isle of Man product I am guessing their Ireland is fantastic. Has anyone tried it? It does not include NI

When I used FSX/P3d I used that scenery and must say it was as good or better than any you'll find for those platforms. When you combine it with some of the .bgls from Orbx Ireland and use ScenProc to place OSM scenery the effect is top class, you'll get roads with traffic, landmark buildings, wind turbines, houses and other fun stuff all correctly placed. Highly recommended.

MSE are currently 50% off till tues as well

ZORAN

you'll get roads with traffic, landmark buildings, wind turbines, houses and other fun stuff all correctly placed. Highly recommended.

Thanks very much and in fact that pretty much answers a question that I posted in another thread about adding Autogen to Photoscenery:-) I have added that link to my favourited and I nab the Ireland photo scenery from ES while its on sale:-)

The scenery for Ireland on ES is the Horizon Vol9 &10. It is not their new product.  I have a picture of that  scenery in my first post.

Lyn

The scenery for Ireland on ES is the Horizon Vol9 &10. It is not their new product.

So the Horizon and ES Ireland are the same product under different branding?

When you say it is not their new product, do

you mean its not their New Photogenesis/Autogenesis stuff?

No, not Photogensis product but Playsims Publishing product, formally known has Horizon, and i actually have it also. Scenery is kind of out of date, M1 motorway is still under construction near Northern Ireland border and some shopping areas North of Dublin don't exist, but product itself is better with water and coastlines.

Think i will try and post screenshot of Belfast from the top when i figure it out.

So the Horizon and ES Ireland are the same product under different branding?

When you say it is not their new product, do

you mean its not their New Photogenesis/Autogenesis stuff?

Afraid so. I have the Vol 9 &10 boxes right here. Notice the right lower corner of the picture of the Gen X Volume 9 and and 10 boxes and it says "Horizon".

Now if you are looking at a different Ireland product on Earth Simulations website, please let me know  - would not be the first time I have missed seeing something!!

Lyn