Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Microsoft Issues Statement Regarding Survey

A couple of things folks....First, in the last 24 hours or so, there have been over 3,500 respondents to the survey.Secondly, we have asked MS to address some of the concerns expressed regarding the privacy of data submitted in the initial questionaire and the software that will be placed on selected user's systems, if they decide to participate. Microsoft issued the following response:

Guest pilot_guru

now why didn't they release a statement in the first place? Its not that hard to do. Wonders will never cease!Good to see a lot have participated so far and hopefully more will do so.

Links to the survey please...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Probably because (like me) they considered such a statement to be a simple reflection of common sense and hadn't expected a small but highly vocal group to start raising conspiracy theories.

A bit off-topic but I get my application protection warning the drive m:stub.exe (that's my disk4 drive and it stays in there most of the time) is trying to access the Internet. I'm not even executing FS9 at the time but it happens if I open My Computer. It does not happen when I start FS9 but then I get the FS9 is trying to access the Internet message even though MP is not used nor real weather access.This is not a NO CD file, either.It could make one paranoi prone :)

Guest bobsk8

They never asked me to start FS9 or anything , when I took the survey this morning. I answered all the questions and that was it.

Hi BobRead the thing again. The survey is only the first step. If you provided a valid E-mail address, MS might get back to you and ask if you want to participate in the next step. That involves installing some data collecting program on your machine. Hence the discussion.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH