Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Lionheart Lear 24 released

Bob,

You could replace the word 'flip' with 'click' and it would mean the same thing and sound easy peasy. All you have to do is have the LHC Lear 24B loaded and running in the simulator and simply click on a black knob. One click you have a dummy weather radar, another click and you have the default GPS500 ( with some edging that looks great in the panel) and a third click and you have a blank panel. Then the cycle starts over.

The flip is just the automatic changeout from one to the other in the panel. You don't have to anything but click and look.

Those that want to add something different can make changes in the panel file.

Regards,

Ray

Wow, I never heard of that before. That is awesome. Almost like clicking on a menu to get a different screen.

Thanks Ray!

Bob

It's pretty easy, just a couple of lines in the aircraft.cfg file, I added the RXP 530 in that spot in place of the default GPS500 and works great.

You just have to buy a weather gauge....

Cheers

Martin

Sorry, I meant the panel.cfg not the aircraft.cfg...ooops!

this features a flip-able face set that includes a Garmin G500 GPS in 3D model structure, functioning

Really nice of Bill to do this - I know what my October flight simulator purchase is!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I posted this elsewhere, thought I'd share it here too.  Install specs for the GTN750 in the new blank space, using the [Vcockpit06] section in panel.cfg...

To install the 750 so it's at it's proper proportions (and center it in the panel space), I used:

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750, 90, 109, 846, 801, UNIT1.VC

If you want it to fill the spot & don't mind the gauge being stretched horizontally, use:

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750, 90, 109, 1011, 801, UNIT1.VC

The space isn't perfect for the 750, might be better suited to the 650.  750 is a little too tall for the spot.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Agreed.

Has anyone put the RXP430 in it now?

I posted this elsewhere, thought I'd share it here too.  Install specs for the GTN750 in the new blank space, using the [Vcockpit06] section in panel.cfg...

To install the 750 so it's at it's proper proportions (and center it in the panel space), I used:

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750, 90, 109, 846, 801, UNIT1.VC

If you want it to fill the spot & don't mind the gauge being stretched horizontally, use:

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750, 90, 109, 1011, 801, UNIT1.VC

The space isn't perfect for the 750, might be better suited to the 650.  750 is a little too tall for the spot.

Can you post some picks? I am thinking of picking up the GTN and would like to see how it looks in this bird.

Thanks!

All,

I am really interested in this plane, but I am such a nut about the look of the cockpit. Does it look real. Do I feel Iike I am looking at the real thing. I mean we all have seen poor cockpit quality. The graphics are so incredibly important to me. Yes I saw the pics but it sometimes does not look the same when you buy it LOL. You know when you sit in a carenado cockpit how real it looks. Some talk about photo textures, which I understand they used to use or still do use. Then take RealAir who does not use photo textures (as far as I know), but they manage to make it look real. The L-39 and the Baytower are other devs who have done a great job with making it look real. Of course there are others, I am just using a couple of examples. I have bought planes and then looked at the dash and the texture used does not look like anything you have ever seen before. Just curious how you guys see this. I know everyone is different and they have their preferences on what is most important to them so that is what they focus on. The looks is not everything for me but it is the 1st thing I notice and the 1st impression is not the FDE or whether the Garmin's functionality is up to par, it is that 1st look when you climb in.

Bob

I'm terrible haha. I'm trying to cut back but I have no self control and just bought it. $34 isn't bad, could be worse

All,

I am really interested in this plane, but I am such a nut about the look of the cockpit. Does it look real. Do I feel Iike I am looking at the real thing. I mean we all have seen poor cockpit quality. The graphics are so incredibly important to me. Yes I saw the pics but it sometimes does not look the same when you buy it LOL. You know when you sit in a carenado cockpit how real it looks. Some talk about photo textures, which I understand they used to use or still do use. Then take RealAir who does not use photo textures (as far as I know), but they manage to make it look real. The L-39 and the Baytower are other devs who have done a great job with making it look real. Of course there are others, I am just using a couple of examples. I have bought planes and then looked at the dash and the texture used does not look like anything you have ever seen before. Just curious how you guys see this. I know everyone is different and they have their preferences on what is most important to them so that is what they focus on. The looks is not everything for me but it is the 1st thing I notice and the 1st impression is not the FDE or whether the Garmin's functionality is up to par, it is that 1st look when you climb in.

Bob

Bob,

The LHC website has a lot of screenshots of this Lear24B and you can download the manual prior to purchase. You can see and read about it til dark but it is a lot more fun to fly. I am going to recommend it for purchase as part of my Avsim review for sure.

Here are some screenshots showing Bert's GTN installation.

GTN in Learjet 04.jpg

GTN in Learjet 05.jpg

GTN in Learjet 06.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I dont have Vcockpit06 in my panel cfg, any idea why not?

Lee, you have to download and run the 1.1 update.

I'm not sure if any of the full installers have been updated yet.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Bob,

The LHC website has a lot of screenshots of this Lear24B and you can download the manual prior to purchase. You can see and read about it til dark but it is a lot more fun to fly. I am going to recommend it for purchase as part of my Avsim review for sure.

Here are some screenshots showing Bert's GTN installation.

Thanks Bud... Yep seen these and it does look good, but it's like those commercials on TV about feeling trapped (you buy it and then what) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90HgKqRoPe0

Just looking for input and comparisons.

Bob

Guest JustanotherPilot

I purchased the Lear from day one of release and have used it in FSX and Prepar3D 1.4 and v2.3. I can describe it as a 'nice' aircraft. The autopilot is terrible and frequently loses track when using the GPS mode. I bought this aircraft because I was sick of waiting for the Carenado Hawker 850 release, which will sell for a similar price.

It's a niche purchase, flying with old technology as the Lear had in the 60's, is different and takes a bit of getting used to for Nav purposes. The graphics are good but not outstanding(my system is set to max).

If you want something different it's worth the investment, if you want a modern bizjet then, it's not up there.

Can you fly SID's and STAR's with the GTN 750?

Yes.  Keep in mind that the database cycle is a few years old.  If you're looking to test the capabilities of the GTN's, Garmin has a trainer for download which is pretty much an identical copy of what the Flight1 gauges are.

The autopilot is terrible and frequently loses track when using the GPS mode.

The autopilot is pretty much just standard FSX; it's no more or less terrible than it's use in any other addon.

Other than some issues with the glideslope capture light, I've had no problem with the autopilot tracking a perfect course as laid out by a GTN750, including the nice curves inserted by such at waypoints, even through one flight with really rough weather that was tossing the plane around severely.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.