Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

A tribute to a real high quality Business Jet

The trick is to open the panel.cfg.  Scroll down to 
[Vcockpit03] and comment out gauge00 by putting a // in front of it...like this...

//gauge00=Flight1_GarminG1000_510!GDU1040,  270,864,1738,1164,PFD.VC.0.120

Works great.  Can't say I saw much improvement, though.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

LOLI didn't see much improvement either so I did the next best thing, Increased my overclock from 4.6 to 4.8 and dropped the autogen down a peg and its all better now.. :rolleyes:

ZORAN

True enough; I apologize for not at least acknowledging your experience with both, while focusing on Ryan's opposite experience.  In all fairness, I could likely run this jet just fine these days; some of my biases regarding performance were formed when my simming pc didn't quite have as much power.

Also, in all honesty, if I'm interested in a particular aircraft enough, I don't mind purchasing and forming my own opinion. ^_^

No problem Jim, sorry if I came over a bit harsh - a bit of G.M.S (Grumpy Monday Syndrome) yesterday :wink:

... There is a mod on the forums to switch off the co pilot screens to improve performance

Yes, it does help with frames to deactivate the F/O's PFD.   I used to do this when I first got the plane, in 2010 and 2011, but to be honest, even with a humble i7 2600k and a rather naff ATI 7850 2GB, I've not had to turn off the F/O's displays in a long time  (it looks much better with them on).   I think the Mustang carries the weight of being known as a "heavy on the frames" aircraft, as it certainly was way harder on frames when it was first released in 2010.  But I think it get's a harsh deal now, in 2014.   As Gregg said above, frames are about the same as with the RealAir Dukes for me (both)....  so not the lightest ever, but certainly not a dealbreaker.

Cheers.

I went for a real flight in one last week - the real world version is an awesome aircraft.

How did this post slip through, everyone to focused on the sim model and FPS. That must have been an amazing experience, I would step over a naked Mirander Kerr to sit up front in the stang for a real world flight

ZORAN

I do agree about the flight modeling - the c510 is much better... So I don't understand what's up with the KA - the same guy did the KA.

Even if the KA is better on your system do consider the fact that the KA G1000 has more features.

About the performance... The mustang is pretty slow ... I think the king air makes a better people hauler and cheaper at just slightly less speed.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |