Sign in to follow this  
flyguycaa

Default C-172

I have a question for the experts.  My main FSX install is the original FSX deluxe, with Acceleration added on.  The other day I bought FSX Gold to try an experiment, and noticed that it had a C-172 with the G1000 panel that the deluxe version doesn't have.

Is there a was to get that aircraft installed into my original install?

Thanks in advance...

-------------

john croft

FSX Gold is nothing more than FSX Deluxe boxed together with the Acceleration addon.

My main FSX install is the original FSX deluxe, with Acceleration added on.

This must not be true or you would have the G1000, along with the F-16, the Mustang and another helicopter.

To get these aircraft just install Acceleration.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I have already installed acceleration over the original deluxe.  Both have been activated.  And no, I don't have the c-172 G1000, nor an F-16.  I have a mustang and an EG-101 chopper, but my Accel pack came with an F-18. 

-------------

john croft

There is no F-16 installed as part of any version of FSX.  Likely Joe was referring to the F-18 which comes with Accel.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Either way, I have Accel installed, but mine apparently didn't come with the C-172 G1000.  Which brings us back to the question, is there a way to install that aircraft off my new accel disk without having to re-install everything?

-------------

john croft

I have it with FSX Deluxe then later, FSX Acceleration purchased and installed.

c172-g1000_zps9da69719.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Check the "show all variations" box (or something like that) in the aircraft selection window and see if the G1000 version shows up.

I have it with Acceleration.

And I don't.  Not on the original Accel pack that I bought years ago.  I probably bought it the first year that it came out.  It is not in that one.  I will be happy to post a screenshot (if it is possible and I can figure out how to do it) if people really find this to be so unbelievable.  It is, however, in the one that is being sold now, and the one I just purchased.  So is there a way to either install it from the new Accel disk without having to do a complete re-install, or is there a way to copy it from the new install into my old install?

Check the "show all variations" box (or something like that) in the aircraft selection window and see if the G1000 version shows up.

That is already checked.  I have 5 variations of the C-172SP available, none of them are the G1000. It also doesn't have the BE-58 G1000.  In other words, my accel pack is so old that it didn't come with the G1000 options.

-------------

john croft

Hmm... not sure what to tell you.  The G1000 came with the original FSX Deluxe version (but not the standard FSX release). Acceleration has nothing to do with it... so you can rule it out as the problem.

Hmm... not sure what to tell you.  The G1000 came with the original FSX Deluxe version (but not the standard FSX release). Acceleration has nothing to do with it... so you can rule it out as the problem.

+1

If you installed Acceleration over your existing FSX and already had SP2, it may have corrupted something

Jay

Look guys, I believe you that you have it.  Please believe me that I don't.  If I could figure out a way to post a screenshot I would show you my simobjects/airplanes folder.  They are NOT there.  So is there a way to copy these folders from my newer install into my older install?  Or a way to just install them off the newer Accel pack?

-------------

john croft

John (flyguy - OP),

Jay (PIC007) brought up a good point; The Accel and Service Packs need to be installed in a particular order or else strange things happen, such as certain airplanes and other features will not show up. Because of the unique Windows Registry entries particular to each Installation, dragging and dropping Files from one Install to the other may make things worse!

To get everything you desire, you may have to start from scratch, and re-install everything in order.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I believe it could be done. Install FSX with the G1000 and copy and paste the G1000 172 to your hardrive somewhere. Then uninstall, reinstall your preferred version of FSX and then cut and paste the 172 into SimObjects. I think people here, though, are maybe thinking you have a corrupt install ... With problems further down the road ....

I believe it could be done. Install FSX with the G1000 and copy and paste the G1000 172 to your hardrive somewhere. Then uninstall, reinstall your preferred version of FSX and then cut and paste the 172 into SimObjects. I think people here, though, are maybe thinking you have a corrupt install ... With problems further down the road ....

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give that a try. As to a corrupt install, this is probably to 10th rig that I have installed my FSX and Accel on, and I have never had the g1000 172 or Baron available to me. I wouldn't have even known they existed had I not bought the gold pack to do an experiment. I don't want to re-install because I have too many paid add ons to deal with, and Captain Sim is giving me problems reinstalling some of their products.

-------------

john croft

john, try this first... go to Add/Remove programs, scroll down to MS FS and see how it is listed...it will say either SP2 or Acceleration.... and remove it.

It shouldnt delete your default FSX only the SP or Acceleration. Once you have a clean FSX then reinstall Acceleration, that should have removed any SP2 remnants.

Be aware though, bu installing Acceleration over SP2 you may have hosed FSX beyond repair and will need a fresh install. If you dont have the G1000 planes with FSX Delux, you may have other issues at this point you arent yet aware of.

Jay