Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

12SEP14 - General Update on Many Topics

I would pay for an NGX upgrade or SP2 as well! I'm willing to pay between $30-$40.

Count me in on that... if it's include a WXR B)

An NGX upgrade or SP2 would require less time to complete than a full development cycle of an aircraft. If PMDG charge a reasonable fee for it, it would be a way for them to make money in less time than a full development cycle. I think more customers own the NGX than the 777 and that might be true for the upcoming 747 V2 as well! For obvious reasons, like, those aircrafts are long haul aircrafts and everyone have or are interested in long haul flying! Just my thoughts!

Gents-

On the topic of the 200ER:

We have not made any decisions regarding the schedule for the 200ER variants.  We have not even begun the process of evaluating the changes required in order to simulate the different engine types, hardware changes in the flight deck etc.

When we make that evaluation- I will pass that information along- but it hasn't happened yet.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Phillip-

Phillip Marno Koen

13 Cabernet Estate, Momento Drive, Sonstraal Heights, 7550, Cape Town

Any better???

Yes, significantly better, thank you.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Please make the NGX the first ported to P3D V2
and soonBig%20Grin.gif

Thanks

In other words, the 200ER will be here as soon as the NGX SP2 will be here. That is disappointing, especially with such a large demand for it. 

Maybe I am missing some background piece of the PMDG development puzzle, but in my opinion it would make good business sense to plan, and build, all the variants (to a reasonable extent) of the aircraft you're making. Ex T7 = 200ER/200LR/300ER, B737NG = 700/800/900/900ER/BBJ Variant(s) etc. Just my opinion though.

Robert, have you guys ever thought about doing some sort of research poll or questionnaire to find out what aircraft people want to see in the future (where the demand is, basically), what of the projects you're working on are most important to your customers, etc? 

It didn't.

Didn't think it would and surprised Rob took it so well

Rich Sennett

Excellent news - happy to pay for a new NGx when the time comes. I'll also be shifting to xplane on the launch of the pmdg plane or ixeg plane. But will reluctantly run P3D aswell if pmdg find xplane an un-economical venture.

All the best, and don't forget that health and relations are the priority.

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

Pretty weak from PMDG on the 200ER front. I was expecting more from them like I think most people were.

PMDG have always been very clear that they are a business and need a market. Let's not mistake personal preference with market demand.

Being Dutch and with KLM only flying the 200ER and the 300ER, I would have preferred the two ER's above the 200LR/F/300ER combo we have now. On the other hand, given that the 200LR/F and 300ER are so related that a PMDG quality product was possible in this timeframe, I'm perfectly happy to use the fictional paint on the 200LR. I'm not a real-life pilot and probably wouldn't know the 200LR from the 200ER unless someone would point out the differences in detail to me. I'm perfectly happy with the current choice between a 200, a 300, and a freighter, with more detailed realism than I would ever be able to notice.

Well, I may have left out the most important point, for me at least: I have a full-time job (IT, not aerospace) and a family with kids. I don't fly (simulated) long distance runs with real-life matching flight numbers and time schedules. I fly (relatively) short distances to immerse myself in the cockpit and the thrill of an "As real as it gets"TM airliner at my command. I'm eagerly awaiting the 747v2 because I've been a passenger in it several times, and want to experience that thrill. I want to wow my kids with showing a 747 (Air Force one would be nice) taking off from EHGG, where certainly they'll never see one in real life. (NL-2000 scenery is a dream!)

If I had any specific request for PMDG, it would be to add an API interface to generate the cockpit displays as image, so I can write the software to put that on a Saitek FIP or an old and unused Android phone. Now that would open up avenues for more fun and immersion!

Cheers,

Bert

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

I didn't hear anything about an update for NGX SDK. I am not talking about new features, but only bug fixing and forgotten Variables and Events

Is it dropped from the development plan?

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Any news on the Forum front regarding the additional support and also on the Ops Center?

Thanks for the update nonetheless!

Didn't think it would and surprised Rob took it so well

Rumor has it that Rob has two good nerves. Fact is that I only have one. :LMAO: