Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

12SEP14 - General Update on Many Topics

Hi Robert,

Thousand thanks for your refreshing news.

I do have a request to you :

Please rename the 747-40V2 in " The King of the sky " soon official,that is it worthy.Thanks again.

Hi team,

Could we have an indication where the 777-200er models are fitting on the time line?

Kind regards

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I would pay for an NGX upgrade or SP2 as well! I'm willing to pay between $30-$40. If PMDG makes it worth my wild, I'm willing to go up to $50! But it would have to include an option to fix the cockpit geometry, updated graphics and added functionality to the FMC.

+1

We should make a petition for that :D

Manuel Miller

+1

We should make a petition for that :D

Sign me up...

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Thanks for the great update Robert, I definitely think you should give the short version first then expand on the specifics after, you do go on and on and on, my nails can't take it anymore lol

My plan is to move into X-Plane at some point in the future, but have been holding off until you release some of the heavies :)

Alaister Kay

Thanks for the update Robert, sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. Thanks for the T7, a truly awesome simulation.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks a lot Robert for the comprehensive update!! :smile:

Still two questions remain for me :ph34r::

1. Which 747 variants are planned for the initial release and which for later expansion packs (if any)? I'm asking with regard to the -400F, -8 and -8F.

2. Any plans for a 777-200ER?

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Thank you for the update Mr. Randazzo!

looking forward to the 744V2 previews ;)

737NGX is the aircraft that revolutionized flight simulation since its launch until today. I think it fair that the work of this new upgrade to incorporate current technologies, eg, meteorological radar, is charged etc. I understand that has to be dealt with calmly, perhaps because they are not provided for these improvements at the time of its release.
X 777 is the aircraft that fly imagine, current, sophisticated, paying more at the time commitment of its creators with updates as needed that will appear. .
747 I can not comment. Only'll make sure I'll get it as soon as updated or a new version out. This is my asset.
Anyway, be picky and patient are gifts that I learned from my age, a good product takes some time to be delivered. Good job to all of this team.

Baptista

Hi team,

Could we have an indication where the 777-200er models are fitting on the time line?

Kind regards

I agree that it would be nice to hear whether PMDG has further plans to add to the 777 series (200-ER, basic-200), or whether they see the series as complete now.  Honestly, I am not sure how much market there would be for further expansions, as the differences are pretty subtle.  I have seen similar speculation in the past about the NGX series (BBJ/military versions) that never came to fruition (perhaps that could be a part of the paid SP2???), but it would be nice to know the game plan anyway.  I know it is silly, but I cannot help but fantasize about a PMDG 777-9X.  What a beautiful bird that will be, though I suppose it will be at least a couple more years before the real one even flies for the first time.  Still, fun to think about :-)

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

very exciting news!!

but I got a question about NGX SP2, even though it was mentioned that it might or might not be developed for a fee (or not),

rather it is complimentary or not is not my personal concern really.

one thing which in my opinion is the most important that is lacking in this update, what is the technical road map for that SP (NGX SP2)?

in other words, what you, as PMDP, had/have in mind to include in SP2?

Bug fixes? New features? what new features on the plate?, etc...

other then that, good job

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Thanks for the information guys! Much appreciated.

Really looking forward to the 744 V2, it was my favorite aircraft for many many years! 

Cheers,

Sante Sottile

Henk-

Wait...  I made three announcements today in which two of them clearly state that we are going to be moving the NGX into both Xplane and P3D- which means that the product does have an active development plan still in the works.  Even a very cursory consideration of this would cause a reasonable person to see that both of those are development cycles that will benefit the NGX in FSX.

From a business standpoint, it would be sheer stupidity for me to realign development resources as inefficiently as you have suggested.

Don't get me wrong- like you- I am excited to get some of the new stuff into the NGX, but at the end of the day I have to make smart decisions about running the business.  If I start making decisions using your criteria- there won't be any products to update. 

Robert: I completely agree with your above statement (I was going to quote Henk then you did). I  have often wondered why you do not expand the company. There is obviously a great demand for your products.  I have thought that maybe it is because you want to have a hand in each release to be sure it is up to standards and if PMDG gets to big that would not be possible. I could see a 737v2 going very well. Just some thoughts.