Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

XPlane Development Status Thread [Updated 12SEP14]

RSR never explicitly stated it was the JS41. Has this been confirmed anywhere else?

Dear Kyle
If you make Jetstream41 the first offering for X-Plane,  i will Love you with all my Crazy messed-up and Psychotic Heart for ever Kyle,   FOR EVER KYLE,   

I'm sure you will Love me too....From a safe 5 thousand miles away.

Yours Truly 

FOREVER Poppet

haha - this wins post of the day.

Alas, I just test the things. RSR is the one who determines the order and what resources go to which project.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle. Any chance of letting us in on what you (PMDG) learnt from making the test project for X-plane. Will the conversion of the J41, 737, 777 be a fairly simple process, or do you need to begin from scratch?

Stian Beinset

ENML

Just to join the speculation train...

Cpt. Robert said that will be something different (from jets? from Boeing?), yet the mindset is similar to the times of J41, and yet :P it's still secret. So if I had to put my money on something, it would be the ATR 72. Even though I'm aware there's one for XP already.

Just to join the speculation train...

Cpt. Robert said that will be something different (from jets? from Boeing?), yet the mindset is similar to the times of J41, and yet :P it's still secret. So if I had to put my money on something, it would be the ATR 72. Even though I'm aware there's one for XP already.

Yes my feeling is towards one of the ATRs. The existing one is not a study level sim. I would be happy with an ATR or indeed most prop regionals. The LES Saab is currently the gold standard in X-Plane so it will be interesting to see what PMDG will come up with.

Jason Row 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

A good ATR 72 will be great! But is a shame that X-Plane doesn't have a descent 737 until now.

A good ATR 72 will be great! But is a shame that X-Plane doesn't have a descent 737 until now.

FJS 732

Kyle. Any chance of letting us in on what you (PMDG) learnt from making the test project for X-plane. Will the conversion of the J41, 737, 777 be a fairly simple process, or do you need to begin from scratch?

Det er et godt spørsmål, men jeg vet ikke fordi jeg er ikke på det XPlane dev laget. Det er bare FSX og P3D for meg. Jeg tror at jeg skal snart ha XPlane, men bare å test det hemmelig prosjekt da dagen kommer  :ph34r:

...and now that I've successfully confused 85% of the people reading this  :P

From the email traffic I've seen, there are definitely some cool things that have been learned, but I'll leave that story up to RSR to tell when he shares more about the project.

Kyle Rodgers

Det er et godt spørsmål, men jeg vet ikke fordi jeg er ikke på det XPlane dev laget. Det er bare FSX og P3D for meg. Jeg tror at jeg skal snart ha XPlane, men bare å test det hemmelig prosjekt da dagen kommer :ph34r:

...and now that I've successfully confused 85% of the people reading this :P

From the email traffic I've seen, there are definitely some cool things that have been learned, but I'll leave that story up to RSR to tell when he shares more about the project.

What a beautiful linguistic Danish/Swedish smoothie to go with my breakfast ;-)

They say curiosity killed the cat...

... I hope a one RSR spills some beans soon as the neighbors cat is skating on thin ice!

(1, Take it with a grain of salt, im dead against animal cruelty so dont worry. 2, bugger all ice here in Australia so dont know why i keep using that saying)

What a beautiful linguistic Danish/Swedish smoothie to go with my breakfast ;-)

haha - it was meant to be Norwegian. Must be pretty rusty  :P

Kyle Rodgers

haha - it was meant to be Norwegian. Must be pretty rusty  :P

You know - looking at it again, it's definately Norwegian over Swedish - it's me that's rusty in my brotherin languages...