Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

XPlane Development Status Thread [Updated 12SEP14]

FJS 732

I didin't fly it, but I don't like the fact that they made de aircraft based upon the original release, it's pretty cool if you want to simulate a 60's or 70's flights, but I think that an aircraft with this configuration cannot be able to get a certificate today. They could add an optional FMC.

I didin't fly it, but I don't like the fact that they made de aircraft based upon the original release, it's pretty cool if you want to simulate a 60's or 70's flights, but I think that an aircraft with this configuration cannot be able to get a certificate today. They could add an optional FMC.

Completely irrelevant whether it could get certified today or not, its a fantasyic model and flies beautifully. Also you not liking older aircraft doesn't detract from its quality.

That's not at all true. Up until a few years ago, FDX regularly flew their 722s with no new-style equipment (filed as /A, meaning VOR/DME-type navigation). Colgan's SAABs were all /A up through about mid-2010. Additionally, some private operators have aircraft that are /A only, though many have opted for GPS more recently. 

Still, the ability to get a certificate - equipment-wise - is more based on the ability to maintain IFR certification. This standard (at least in the United States) is left broadly at "navigation equipment suitable for the route to be flown." This is modified slightly by the another subpart, for aircraft flying above FL240 by "If VOR navigation equipment is required under paragraph (d)(2) of this section, no person may operate a U.S.-registered civil aircraft within the 50 states and the District of Columbia at or above FL 240 unless that aircraft is equipped with approved DME or a suitable RNAV system."

The VOR/ADF-based navigation systems may be old, but reliance on them won't void you of a certificate. You might not like their choice, but please be careful when trying to support your point. Aviation is a complex beast, and I'd prefer that people not be lead astray by comments without much research.

If I bought a 732 tomorrow. I could certainly get a certificate for it without GPS, FMS, glass panels, or otherwise, provided I kept it like it would've been kept 20 years ago.

Kyle Rodgers

X-Plane doesn't have a descent 737 until now

Correct, but the IXEG is getting very close  too.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Det er et godt spørsmål, men jeg vet ikke fordi jeg er ikke på det XPlane dev laget. Det er bare FSX og P3D for meg. Jeg tror at jeg skal snart ha XPlane, men bare å test det hemmelig prosjekt da dagen kommer  :ph34r:

...and now that I've successfully confused 85% of the people reading this  :P

From the email traffic I've seen, there are definitely some cool things that have been learned, but I'll leave that story up to RSR to tell when he shares more about the project.

Takk for svaret Kyle! Spennende å se om RSR svarer, og om han er like god i norsk.  :lol:

Just gotten X-plane myself, it might be my next flightsim platform. But it really need some good PMDG planes, looking forward to the secret project.

Stian Beinset

ENML

The 732 really cannot be compared to a modern 737 in any way. I really cant wait for xplane Boeings from PMDG

Correct, but the IXEG is getting very close  too.

I read the same thing last year but i hope you're right

That's because relevant news was given in other topics...

Seek and yee shall find. :)

Well I now know why my previous post, about whether the FMC state could be saved, was not answered - no FMC in the DC-6!