Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D

I get a big unhandled exception when I run the exe file using fsx steam edition? Sorry not at my PC so cant screenshot, is this a known issue?

Thomas Derbyshire

Is there an error message displayed in the exception dialog?  Do you have FSUIPC installed?

Ernest Pergrem

I've installed AirTrafficManager 1.9.1.3, which seems to be the latest (?), It ison a clent PC and works okay for a while, but crashes. It never lasts for a full session. I reload it and it continues for a while, then crashes.

I append the crash details. Hope you can fix this!

Is there any chance that you could detect a flight plan being loaded into FS (it's a Simconnect Event) and thereby automatically fill in the airport details? ASN has such a facility for planning the route weather properly, and it works well.

Pete

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: AirTrafficManager.exe
  Application Version: 1.9.1.3
  Application Timestamp: 569bd51d
  Fault Module Name: MSVCR100_CLR0400.dll
  Fault Module Version: 10.0.30319.1
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba1dbf2
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00001b07
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Is there any chance that you could detect a flight plan being loaded into FS (it's a Simconnect Event) and thereby automatically fill in the airport details? ASN has such a facility for planning the route weather properly, and it works well.

Hi Pete,

You may have to contact the developer directly. 

I did a quick scan and didn't see his name in a post for over a year.  Unless he has changed his Avsim user ID.

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Pete,

As Ernest says the developer hasn't visited this forum in a long time.

The earlier version I have does detect a plan loaded into FSX:SP2. It would be strange if it didn't in FSX:SE.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Not really, FSX-SE uses a different version of SimConnect than FSX SP2. I don't remember the developer ever stating that his app worked with anything other than FSX SP2 and P3d. Originally, the app only worked with the boxed version of FSX and it was subsequently modified to work with P3d. Maybe one option is to install all the FSX SimConnect versions and hope for the best.

Not really, FSX-SE uses a different version of SimConnect than FSX SP2.

I have all three FSX SimConnect and the latest FSX-SE SimConnect installed in any case, as many other add-ons need one of the others. And I have the program running on a client PC, separately from FSX-SE, also with those three FSX ones installed.

It works fine. It just crashes relatively frequently.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the developer directly?

Pete

Hi Pete,

He's based in Bangalore, India and his profile says he was last active on AvSim on 13 April. A personal message may be your best option as no contact info is supplied with the program.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

FS Labs forum is for Concorde and I'm a regular visitor to that site. DukeSan27 has a few posts but nothing since 6 Feb.

I can send him a PM if you wish Pete.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

FS Labs forum is for Concorde and I'm a regular visitor to that site. DukeSan27 has a few posts but nothing since 6 Feb.

I can send him a PM if you wish Pete.

Thanks.

As per my email to you last night, I was hoping to try the version you are using first, as you said that didn't crash, or "hardly ever".

Pete

Okay Pete. Hope it works for you. The obvious difference between our systems is Steam but I hope that isn't the reason for the many crashes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As an aside (as Pete D. has already discussed his specific issue with the author), in case anyone followed the link to the author's blog that I posted, it will subsequently provide a link to the newest version (2.9.1.2, dated 12/14/2015) of the TO.

In order to make the new version work with P3d 3.2, one has to do the following:

1. Copy the file  LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll from the P3d SDK simconnect folder (under utilities) to the TO folder.

2. Change the following lines in the file AirTrafficManagerP3D.exe.manifest  (located in the TO folder) to:

<dependentAssembly dependencyType="install" allowDelayedBinding="true" codebase="LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll" size="252928">
   <assemblyIdentity name="LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect" version="3.0.0.0" language="neutral" processorArchitecture="x86"

The two items that are changed are the file size (252928) and the version number (3.0.0.0). Let me know if you have any problems.

... in case anyone followed the link to the author's blog that I posted, it will subsequently provide a link to the newest version (2.9.1.2, dated 12/14/2015) of the TO..

But I'm using version 1.9.1.3 which is certainly later, being dated 17/01/2016/ It is the version which is compatible with both FSX and P3D. The older (!)  2.9.1.2 only works with P3D.

The last entry in the Blog at present is dated 14/12/2015 which is earlier than the exchanges I have had with DukeSan27.

Although I provided the Windows crash data to him, it looks like that doesn't help him. The problem seems to be that with Managed Code programs, when they crash in a library module which is outside the managed environment, as here, there's little help locating the problem in the managed code. It's in an environment of its own.

So I don't see how it can proceed to a good conclusion at present. And the other puzzle is that, with the frequency the crash is happening on my system, I'm surprised I'm the only one seeing it.

Pete