Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagletail

Flight1's newly released Flight Environment

Hi,Noticed Flight1 has released a product called 'Flight Environment' and the screenshots of both the different kind of clouds but also the new water and especially in tropic locations were amazing and I also read the product works great with other 3'rd party add-on programs like Active Sky.I'm a very happy user of AS 2004.5 and was considering buying the Flight Environment product but then noticed the upcoming Hifi product called ASV and the two products seem to be quite similar - any comments on this and is there someone that has already tried Flight1's Flight Environment and perhaps together with AS 2004.5 and can comment on how good they work together and if it's worth the money?Thanks in advance,

Richard Åsberg

>Hi,>>Noticed Flight1 has released a product called 'Flight>Environment' and the screenshots of both the different kind of>clouds but also the new water and especially in tropic>locations were amazing and I also read the product works great>with other 3'rd party add-on programs like Active Sky.>>I'm a very happy user of AS 2004.5 and was considering buying>the Flight Environment product but then noticed the upcoming>Hifi product called ASV and the two products seem to be quite>similar - any comments on this and is there someone that has>already tried Flight1's Flight Environment and perhaps>together with AS 2004.5 and can comment on how good they work>together and if it's worth the money?>>Thanks in advance,1) I bought "Environment" yesterday with a coupon giving me $7 off since I have FS Water. That brought the total down to $15.2) Installation is a breeze.3) There are tons of configuration options. 4) These configuration options allow you also to select less frame-rate intensive cloud sets. 5) The best feature, IMHO, is the ability to "randomize" clouds and water textures. So, basically, you are seeing something different each time you start a new flight. 6) I also use Active Sky, and the two programs seem to work well together.7) The effects look very nice (but are not as detailed as what you see in Flight Unlimited or Sierra's Pro Pilot). 8) I'm sure you could get the same kinds of effects using a variety of freeware replacement cloud and water textures, but it's nice to have something "under one roof."9) I also did not notice too much of a frame rate hit on my machine (Athlon XP 2200, blah, blah, blah). Of course, YMMV, depending on your set-up - I have all my sliders about 75-80% to the right. 10) I think you cannot go wrong buying this product - at any rate, Flight1 offers a refund policy, so it's really a "no risk" buy.11) I am not affiliated in any way, shape, or form with Flight1.ricardo

Thanks for your input Ricardo, haven't decided yet if it's worth the money since I already have lots of freeware enhancements both for clouds, water, sky conditions with nice sunset effects etc. And again, will probably upgrade to the new AS when it comes available and haven't really understood yet how similar these products are with different cloud sets and so on...But anyway, thanks for your input!

Richard Åsberg

You might also want to check out Active Sky's latest product development announcements. They are incorporating Chris Willis' Cloud sets and much more in the new version. Asa it stands now, IMHO, his free cloud sets ( FS SKY ) are far better than any other sets available. Better visuals and various frame rate options.VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Vic,If you see my original post above, that was really my question how these two products will compare.Read Flt1's product will include both cloud, water and light enhancements but don't think you will get any water enhancements for example in the new AS product?

Richard Åsberg

I also tend to agree that it is hard to beat Chris Willis' clouds. Best variety of textures, colors, skies and it will all be integrated with the next Active Sky 5.0. Take my word for it as a beta tester ;-)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest foxone

Hi webmaximus,To comment on this thread, you cannot compare Chris's clouds (FSW) with this package. The time spent to make this package as real as possible is totally different from FSW on how we see things.The default clouds / water Microsoft has made are not that bad and we just wanted subtle but clear changes to make them appear as real as it gets. Mind you, they WERE ALL built from scratch by the master painter Peter Wilding. The package will let you install or completely remake your own cloud sets - it even let's you assemble the cumulus01.bmp yourself as easy as 1 - 2 - 3.Furthermore, without bringing AS2004 or the upcoming ASV in disbelieve, we think that it is impossible to go to France in a particulair weather and say ;"hey this is a french cloud" nor can you go to Puerto Rico and say; "that's a Puerto Rican cloud", just to let a program choose which cloud texture(!) goes best to that region / season / etc. To rely on a developers judgement for this is like relying on Saddam Hussein saying he is a prophet from Allah....Ofcourse you CAN depict how and what SORT of cloud needs to be formed according to the METAR files. And that's what a pilot really needs to know - he couldn't care less if the cloud's edges are whispy or solid. He needs to know, where is a thunderstorm or turbulence.However we do not fly in a real environment and that's where FE2004 tries to make you believe you do. See Flight1 for screenshots and convince yourself.regards,Anthonyhttp://members.home.nl/vos69/logofe.jpg

I am such a cloud maniac that I will try anything. Competition is good ;-)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

I just purchased Flight Environment and I am really bluffed..I have FSSky world and I always appreciated Chris work since his early FS2000 sky textures.The real difference is the overall sensation, sky, clouds, haze, water, sunset atmospher, delicate cirrus...The fps are not affected at all, the water textures and reflections are discreete and beautiful with coloured waves, what we never saw until nowWith a very complete and intuitive interface you have hundreds of possible combinations and the use of the "random" feature lets you discover a new environment every time you fly.With my FSWater coupon it cost me 15$.A small price for a great pleasure.David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>To rely on a>developers judgement for this is like relying on Saddam>Hussein saying he is a prophet from Allah....Umm, what? I'd trust Damian and Chris's jugement on what weather looks best in what conditions over just about anyone - comparing them to Saddam?? Huh??

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks everyone contributing to this thread! Since it's not that much money I think I'll give FE a try :-) I already have lots of freeware add-ons that have improved both clouds, water and other environmental elements alot over the original in FS but it would be nice to have them all together in one package with a real installation program and so on.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest Edam

>You might also want to check out Active Sky's latest product>development announcements. They are incorporating Chris>Willis' Cloud sets and much more in the new version.What, exactly, is meant by Active Sky incorporating ChrisWillis' Cloud sets? Once they are installed, wouldn't ANY weather program use them, or will you have a 2 for 1 situation? If so, will that mean uninstalling FS Skyworld if you are already using it?(Not that I have any intention of purchasing Active Sky...default weather suits me just fine, but others may want that clarified.)

Guest spookymufu

Hello all,I have never posted here before (except the other FE2004 post) but since I am on the FE2004 beta team, I felt I should come here.Let me say, that you cannot compair FSSkyworld and FE2004, they are simply different animals. I wont say anything bad about FSSkyworld, I used Chris's FSW clouds for a long time and was happy with them untill I started testing FE2004. The biggest differance is FE2004 uses the 32bit clouds with detail you wont see anywhere else, when you take off from an airport that is overcast and punch through a stratus layer with FE2004 you wont believe your eyes, it feels so real you can almost feel the mist.For those of us who are FPS hungry (me included) there are "fast" sets that will look almost as good as the 32bit sets, and if you like the DXT3 style that FSSkyworld uses, then you'll love FE2004s, they are all sister sets to the 32bit sets.The water is also something else, it's more then FSWaters old textures, Peter has revised them to make them look a lot better, the tropical areas are amazing and if you hate that hard line you see at a distance, these will make you very happy, they were designed in such a way as to eliminate that line as much as visualy possible.The randomizer option is my personall favorite, you see something different easch time you fly.One other thing I'd like to mention, the ability to save your favorite enviroment set (clouds, sky, water, sun, contrails, ect) allowes you to share them with your friends (as long as they have FE2004 as well), the files are swappable and I wouldnt be suprised if we see some on the AVSIM download area.Anyway, try it, I think you'll like it

>biggest differance is FE2004 uses the 32bit clouds both are 32 bits.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2