Sign in to follow this  
Mauricio Graziani

I requested a simple Activation ..waiting.. waiting...

As the OP reported however, hardware failure prevents the customer from "deactivating their license on the server" since there's no way to perform an 'uninstall' of P3D...

On the other hand, although L-M is a huge company, the team at Prepar3D as well as P3D itself are less than a pimple on an elephant's butt in terms of both size and financial ROI for L-M. It's not at all surprising that there's no dedicated "department of license reactivations..." :Whistle:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

why you think that i not follow the instructions ? i did..but maybe I don't have the same luck that you have ... again...my question is... I am asking fr a regular automation process. ..this can avoid a topic like this... do you agrree??

Mauricio Graziani

While I'm a patient person I do believe if you have your relevant data ie.. Invoice#, date purchased, License ID#, and Password  there's no reason IMO that you should have to wait for a human/employee to verify and reactivate your license surely they could write a script to allow for this.  I do understand a wait required if you cant provide that data up front and a customer service person has to look it up for you.

RE Thomason Jr.

Yes Blaze...I provided to them all information that they need.. license.. ect.. while a lost my time writing here ... really I would like to fly in P3Dv2.4 .. I paid for this.. and I just would like to fly..  just fly  :rolleyes:

Mauricio Graziani

N4GIX hit this right on the head not much to do but wait; BTW Graziani I was speaking in general, not directed at you...

To be perfectly honest I'm in the exact same boat! I decided to do a clean rebuild all the way...to include operating system got ahead of myself and deleted P3d instead of uninstalling it. Sent my re-activation request on Friday.

I did post the idea of automated re-activation on their forum as suggested earlier in this thread

RE Thomason Jr.

Yes Blaze...I provided to them all information that they need.. license.. ect.. while a lost my time writing here ... really I would like to fly in P3Dv2.4 .. I paid for this.. and I just would like to fly..  just fly  :rolleyes:

All this sounds like it would be a life-and-death struggle. Being patient is a kind of strength. LM gives you the chance to practice it.

Spirit

Totally understand your frustration. Had the same problem a few weeks back when I cleaned my SSD and reinstalled V2.3. An automated revalidation system is the way to go.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg