Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.0.18.5

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How to activate Aerocaches?

I Installed the new toolkit, started it and started MSFlight.

Before i backed the profile and had a green light for the profile backup.

But it says "Unable to load Aerocaches" , in addition the profile says 0 Aerocaches.

Everything esle is fine.

What I wish to mention, is that I did backup my Flight data before the servers were shut down.  Since the servers are not up anymore, you cannot back up your data. However, everyone's Profile appears to be OK.

I am going to work on a solution ... What concerns me is why it is working on only some machines.

I installed the new "20" revision and still can't get the aerocaches. The little circle below the AOTD block says "Disconnected from Flight Server" when I cursor over it.

Ahh, ok.  It looks like Flight is repeatedly sending the GetUserRewardsDelta message to the server.  Generally that means there was some error or unexpected behavior and it tends to block any further messages from being sent until it succeeds.  That should be enough information for me to try to fix the problem.  Thanks!

Rick, it isn't supposed to fix the problem, just enables more logging so I can determine the issue.  Can you do the same as Heimi and post or send me your log: %localappdata%\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\xlive.log

I'll be glad to Steve. Thanks.

Here is my "Connection Manager" log. It does show an error. This might mean something or not. It was small enough that I decided to include it.

Starting Connection Manager

Starting Connection Thread

Connection thread running...

Process aquired

Module injected.

Connected

Sending WriteLiveData

IPC did not complete successfully.

Sending WriteLiveData

IPC did not complete successfully.

Sending WriteLiveData

Sending WriteLiveData

Disconnected

Process lost

I tried to upload the xlive log but it's too long to post. PM me an email and I'll try to send it to you.

I didn't think you need the connection manager log but sometimes too much info is better than not enough.

File is sent. Hopefully it will tell you something.

Thanks, Steve.

Yup, thanks Rick.  It looks like you are running into a similar but different issue with the server messages.  I'll hopefully be able to fix these soon.

Thank you, Steve. Looking forward to the fix and all that is in the pipe.

My aerocache screen (and the little circle) tell me that I am now connected to the Flight server. The only thing is I am missing one aerocache and it isn't showing up. I'm at 349 and if this is true, then I should see one I haven't found. Also, I thought that by using the toolkit, all the aerocaches would be d/led and show up on the lower left list.

Other than that, I don't see any problems.

If you need to see my xlive log, let me know.

Thanks, Steve.

Yes similar here, i have 342 Aerocaches collected, but there is no one left in the list.

There should be 8 unchecked?

So all i collected before are there, but the rest is missing.

Yeah! With 1.0.21 Flight now fires up!  It loads up quickly to the non-GFWL login screen. 

After logging in it says I am connected to the "Microsoft Server".  Addon Manager has a green light.

However, it shows me only 169 of the 346 aerocaches I have found,  I'm guessing these are the 169 "permanent" caches I have found.

I'm guessing that if Rick and Heimi counted their list of checked caches, they would not see all their caches, just the ones made permanent.

Line 27 on the xlive log says 350 aerocaches found.

I hope this helps Steve.  Thanks again for all the work you are putting in on this.!

Thanks guys.  It should be showing all 350 aerocaches.  I'll look into that.

Edit: Definitely looks like I implemented something wrong.  I'll fix it up and hopefully that will bring back all aerocaches.

Edit: Hmm, maybe not.  It should work.  I did find that the total number of aerocaches is limited to 500 which may be a problem in the future, but for now it shouldn't be.  I'll keep looking.

Hey, looks like you guys are right!  The daily aerocaches haven't been changed to permanent.  So here is where I need your input.  Do you think I should just change them all to permanent, or should I see about putting them back in rotation?  If I make them permanent we can make the community created aerocaches become the new set of aerocaches of the day.

Steve, I vote for making all the existing ones permanent. Then we can start a whole new list with user generated ones.