Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Long Flight Times without OOM & VAS issues

Hi, I've done long distances with PMDG's 777, 737 and 747. All I did and I think it helped, was to save the flight every 2 hours or so and restarted fsx agin. I think it helps to get rid of problems like oom, etc. I did not try yet Aerosoft's A318/9.

Cheers, enjoy.

Heron

It would appear that your OOM problem has nothing to do with the VAS leakage that the update was designed to correct. Read post #1 by RSR in this thread - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468259-07may15-detailed-discussion-of-resolved-777-vas-leak/. Your PANC-KDEN is not long enough in normal time and the approach was entered late in the flight. Neither situation meets the requirements for VAS leakage causing an OOM problem.

Michael,

I've read RSR's post as the VAS Leak Fix was published and I have a good knowledge of 99% of the artifacts which could provoke a VAS leakage. I read the OOM Forum too.

My rig was installed on a FSX dedicated machine in which I invested without pity, gathering the best components I could find in the market. It is not a Ferrari, but for sure is a good piece of technology, and is not contaminated with any software beyond the FS world.

Except the PMDG T7, I can fly along many hours any FSX commercial aircraft over all of the FTX Orbx regions, departing and landing on the best commercial airports, under ASN weather conditions and REX modest resolution clouds, using FS2Crew and PRO-ATC/X.

Apart PMDG, I fly A2A Cessnas, Majestic Q400, Milviz B350i, and Alabeo's Saratoga.

Of course I do turn off all commercial airports out of my route. But, frankly speaking, I would bet high on Pilot's FS Global 2010. This is a piece of base scenery I've been using since their first (2005) and the visual effects on the terrain are simply astounding, but for a high price on framerates, and who knows, on VAS.

I don't want now to re-install the whole stuff rearranging my base scenery. So, to preserve my fun, instead my VAS, I will maintain my T7 flying 2-3hs routes.

Best

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I will maintain my T7 flying 2-3hs routes

Heron

Good. You could also use time compression to do longer flights. It's the real time on a clock that is going to affect VAS in terms of leakage. Time compression will not speed up the leakage.