Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Why Is Avsim Very Slow To Load/503 Error?

Why is it every morning the last few days, when trying to access the Avsim website, I either get a 503 Service Unavailable Error, or if I persist in trying to load the page, it takes an eternity, before eventually throwing up yet another 503 Error? Is anybody else experiencing this?

Firefox---cache cleared.

It's always like that from Europe. I don't know why.

There seems to be a conflict between your avatar and your name. Needs resolving i think! :lol:

I get this all the time  at the same time so I just simply don't log on  between these times (7pm to 8pm Australian time est)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It's always like that from Europe. I don't know why.

There seems to be a conflict between your avatar and your name. Needs resolving i think! :lol:

Nice one, yes, I've been thinking about that and have not got around to altering that. Will do, now been prompted by you <_<

EDIT: Just changed avatar. My old Sqn's VC-10 at the RAF base at Muharraq(Bahrain)

I get this all the time  at the same time so I just simply don't log on  between these times (7pm to 8pm Australian time est)

Yes, Pete. Between 8am till around 11am, it's always like that.AT first I thought it was my browser, etc,etc which why I posted that up to see if anybody else was experiencing the same. Now, I don't feel all that peeved seeing others like you too are having those connection issues.

I asked the same question some time ago after the problems with the servers and the installation of new hardware .

The answer given is that this is the time ( between 10:00 and 11:00 approx in Europe ) they are making a backup of the servers on a daily basis .

John

Thanks for that heads-up, John. Will remember to stop my wandering fingers firing up my browser until noon!

I asked the same question some time ago after the problems with the servers and the installation of new hardware .

The answer given is that this is the time ( between 10:00 and 11:00 approx in Europe ) they are making a backup of the servers on a daily basis .

John

I did not know that, thanks for mentioning it.

At least now I won't fret anymore when AVSIM drops out "again".

I never log off and don't experience any problems. When I start up my browser, AVSIM is right there! Could it be the logging on/logging off?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I never log off either, but from time to time AVSIM is quite slow. (From Belgium)

It was the same this morning around 9am, so I gave up as per observations here and tried again at noonday, and it was up and loading pretty fast.

I never log off and don't experience any problems. When I start up my browser, AVSIM is right there! Could it be the logging on/logging off?

Best regards,

Why be logged on 24 hours a day? Do you not sleep? Is access so slow to Avsim for many of us because others choose to stay logged on 24 hours a day - even when they are sleeping?

I have never understood why this site is (for me at least) the slowest site in the world. And no Jim, changing pages can be just as painfully slow as trying to log in at times. I hope it comes right one day. God knows it has been promised for a few years.

Think this is slooow, try Lockheed Martins P3D forum for a slugfest. I gave up going there. Surely it is to their detriment.

Why be logged on 24 hours a day? Do you not sleep? Is access so slow to Avsim for many of us because others choose to stay logged on 24 hours a day - even when they are sleeping?

I have never understood why this site is (for me at least) the slowest site in the world. And no Jim, changing pages can be just as painfully slow as trying to log in at times. I hope it comes right one day. God knows it has been promised for a few years.

Now we know why it's the slowest site on the net. It's all Jim's fault!!!!

It's all Jim's fault!!!!

That's cause Jim forgets to sign-off as he heads for that golf-cart and a round of 72!!! :LMAO: :LMAO:

Feel like I committed a serious crime for responding and posting a suggestion....

This site is being spammed constantly from evil Sources in China, Russia, the Ukraine, and elsewhere. Tom is trying to keep the site operating 24 hours a day w/o problems but when you have a site as large as ours, you will see problems occasionally. I have no immediate solutions and I doubt Tom has any right now either. If you don't think we want to have the smoothest, fastest website on the Internet, and we are keeping it slow on purpose just to irritate members, then you need to look elsewhere.

Now we know why it's the slowest site on the net. It's all Jim's fault!!!!

LOL. At last! The answer to everyone's problems!

That's cause Jim forgets to sign-off as he heads for that golf-cart and a round of 72!!!

Hey Rick! That's certainly close to the truth too. I now have a 2014 Stingray that I use to get to that golf cart so I can get there and back much faster now. Shouldn't create too many problems with me still logged on. But now you're really going to get people upset with me knowing that I'm constantly logged on AND golfing too!!! How horrible is that?!!! LOL.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10