Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

The best 744 simulator Ever, reviewed...

A very well written review here.

It's expensive, that's true, but uncomparable to any offer you can name, and..., if you're an X-Plane 9 or 10, FSX or P3D user, or simply a Google Earth user, than you can use any of these to give you additional out-of-windshield views.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The fantastic World Flight Vatsim event is currently in full swing...they go around the world for charity. The main simulator is based in Sydney, it is a full motion B744 simulator based on the original Aerowinx sim and coupled to FSX graphics. I believe they have just upgraded to the latest Aerowinx sim and are getting wonderful results.

I got to check out Matts sim. A very impressive beast.

Matts voice is actually recorded on psx...try ordering some coffee.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi, I'm not at all into heavey metal however,, I'm very impressed how it can fly Google Earth, if only that were possible in P3d!

Phil

Phil,

it doesn't actually "ly" any of the 2 sims mentioned + GE. PSX uses external applications to inject the aircraft position and data regarding lights, landing gear, etc... plus weather and time of day in the case of FSX and X-Plane.

They all act as scenery browsers, although X-plane even feeds it's 3d terrain info into PSX, and it works great specially while operating on taxiways or runways with slopes :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...