Sign in to follow this  
Jetblst

Best Textures FS9, not sure about FS9 Add Ons

I agree totally, I just don't understand that guys will say my screenshots look good but don't want to set up my addon to look like the screenshots.

I see what you mean.  Yeah, I'd expect the textures to look different without using your enb settings.  Your shots are super.  I'd run your bloom settings if I was using your textures and want the same look as your shots.

I agree totally, I just don't understand that guys will say my screenshots look good but don't want to set up my addon to look like the screenshots.

I really don't understand your logic which is basically saying that your product only looks "good" when used with another product that you have to tinker with to get it to look good.

Sorry, but that logic is NOT used by other ground texture providers and not necessary to get great looking textures on the product that I am currently using and that I have used in the past.

This is not meant to knock your product, only the conditions that you are using to depict your product and evidently your philosophy of using your product.

Weird science to me ..... but to each his own.

Hey Jon,

Nice shots.  Welcome to FSX.  I'm also using both FS9 and FSX.  DX10 is well worth the upgrade.  The default light bloom is stunning with no fps impact.

Weird science to me ..... but to each his own.

I agree with that +1 ^_^

Sascha

I really don't understand your logic which is basically saying that your product only looks "good" when used with another product that you have to tinker with to get it to look good.

Evo of course looks good WITHOUT ENB ;) just not as good as WITH ENB ...

Evo of course looks good WITHOUT ENB ;) just not as good as WITH ENB ...

Can you post a screenshot of how Vegas looks in your setup these days?  I was looking for some screenshots of this area because before it was too green.  I'd like to know if that's been improved upon.  Second are all seasons available now?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi Dillon,

will post Las Vegas as soon as I can! Meanwhile here is the list of textures finished and unfinished:

Released

- global summer season

- global fall season

- global late fall/early winter season

- new dense autogen for all regions

- custom 3d autogen lights for Europe and Asia

- inland and ocean water including reefs and shallows

- environment reflection maps

- ground detail map

- grass textures

- clouds

- ocean height map (wave function)

- runways and taxiways

- airport buildings

- trees to go with released seasons

- lights texture

Next update will include:

- global hard winter season

- improved autogen for all regions

- hopefully 3D lights coverage for Asia and Tropics

- tree variations

- sun textures

To be done later:

- global spring

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi Dillon,

will post Las Vegas as soon as I can! Meanwhile here is the list of textures finished and unfinished:

Cheers,

Sascha

Thanks, like I said before I'll most likely dive and try it out when the whole project is done (all seasons, world coverage, optimized, etc).  Great job on the effort so far. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I leave for a 6 day trip and look what happens.  LOL!!  Guys I have all the suggestions and will try them.  

Here is a rather photo realistic image.  On the Bunni3 Arrival into KLZU from KBNA.

ED53E4A5-801D-4DDF-A308-0D1F02418815_zps

JK.  That is a real image.

What is really incredible is how all of this is getting better and better and closer all the time to the real thing.

I am still impressed beyond all with Sascha's work.  

I have been on Flight Sim of one sort or another since the SubLogic days before Microsoft even bought the rights.

If we could take these images back to those days I would have never thought it possible.  I have been RW flying since then too, you'd think the last thing Id want to do is sim.  

Well, I will tinker more when I get back.  Off to Denver in the early am for a repo trip back to Atlanta.  Thanks for all the info and suggestions.

QUESTION however.

NickN who I have a lot of respect for as many do, seems to steer people away from SweetFX.  Does anyone know if he is talking strictly FSX?

Respectfully,

Jet

Great!  Thanks.   LOTs to look into when I get back to the home front!  Thanks again.

Respectfully,

Jet

I just installed EVO 2.0 and all the good things that have been said about it are absolutely true. I am really thrilled with it - a quantum leap in the look of FS9 and so far I've had no FPS or any other problems. Sure there are a few things that could be improved, but Sascha seems determined to keep working at it until it's perfect and as far as I'm concerned, he's nearly there! If you are still sitting on the fence to see how this is going to work out, take my advice --- wait no longer. it really is a superb enhancement that takes the sim to a new level.

Cheers

Ian

Ian, welcome to the FS9Evolutioners!

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hello guys, what is the total size of EVO files.  I am asking because I am presently in Spain and have a very slow connection, 400k!  If it is too large I should probably wait until next month when I am back in Belgium.  Also, does the download support download managers?

Sunny skies to you all

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Deleted because of double posting

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Could someone please post the link or direct me where to download FS9 Evo? I've looked all around and im sure its probably right under my nose :) Thank you.