Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Sudden OOM problems, again. Memory showing 3200mb

Hi!

I was just about to complete a trip from Helsinki Vantaa to Oslo Gardemoen (both aerosoft airports) in the NGX. It crashed on approach. How funny. I never gotten a OOM error on this flight before, even with heavy clouds and scenery, and by using the DX 10 fixer as well. I have never actually measured VAS during flights cause I can hear FSUIPC alarm whenever Im short on VAS.

When FSX was about to crash, I opened task manager where FSX.exe was located on top with 3200K of memory. I thought 4k was the maximum VAS fsx could use, or am I completely off ground here? Im very familiar with OOMs in this 32-bit rubbish game and I have taken evasive actions do avoid it, including setting autogen to normal, water effects to medium, LOD radius default, 1024 cloud textures etc etc. Maybe it has something to do with a recent BIOS update? Although Im having a hard time believing that. 

Any help/input would be appreciated here! Sadly, Im not one of the them who got rid of OOMs after upgrading to DX10.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I am suffering the same problems and been forced to return to DX9 now. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Is this after you updated the DX10 Fixer to v2.6?  There have been changes to textures, wave directions etc.  This is from the DX10 Fixer site: 

Bugs Fixed

777 dials and also the pilot of the Bay Towers Van – these issues are now fixed.The Hide Sun Glare option previously hid the red background of the Paused Message. It no longer does and also it also does not hide the red out G Effect.The Toned Shadows option previously caused issues with Captain Sim

When a modified shader was replaced with the original version the relevant options remained greyed out – it was necessary to go into the Debug Dialog and tick the shader. This is no longer necessary.

User Requests

Distance for Disable Distant Land Reflections can be altered from the water dialog.

Water Reflections

There is a new correction for water reflections which were angled diagonally in FSX from top left to bottom right.

Wave direction

The wave direction is hardcoded in FSX – waves always come from the North West.  There is a new option in the water dialog to introduce some variety by changing the wave direction on a lunar cycle.

It is also possible for a FSX launcher program to set the wave direction by creating a new config file in the FSX directory for example using the wind direction at the starting point.

Sunsets, Moonsets, Sunrises, Moonrises

In FSX the specular light narrows to a point on the horizon as the sun/moon rises/sinks.

This is now adjusted to look a little more realistic – strictly there should be no perspective effect at all

\Robert Hamlich/

Is this after you updated the DX10 Fixer to v2.6?  There have been changes to textures, wave directions etc.  This is from the DX10 Fixer site: 

Bugs Fixed

777 dials and also the pilot of the Bay Towers Van – these issues are now fixed.The Hide Sun Glare option previously hid the red background of the Paused Message. It no longer does and also it also does not hide the red out G Effect.The Toned Shadows option previously caused issues with Captain Sim

When a modified shader was replaced with the original version the relevant options remained greyed out – it was necessary to go into the Debug Dialog and tick the shader. This is no longer necessary.

User Requests

Distance for Disable Distant Land Reflections can be altered from the water dialog.

Water Reflections

There is a new correction for water reflections which were angled diagonally in FSX from top left to bottom right.

Wave direction

The wave direction is hardcoded in FSX – waves always come from the North West.  There is a new option in the water dialog to introduce some variety by changing the wave direction on a lunar cycle.

It is also possible for a FSX launcher program to set the wave direction by creating a new config file in the FSX directory for example using the wind direction at the starting point.

Sunsets, Moonsets, Sunrises, Moonrises

In FSX the specular light narrows to a point on the horizon as the sun/moon rises/sinks.

This is now adjusted to look a little more realistic – strictly there should be no perspective effect at all

No I have the 2.5 version. But if this is the changes, then I doubt it'll make a different for me. But thanks anyway!

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hey,

i seem to have the same problem but i moved to 2.6 verison.  Neverh ad any issiues with DX10 and OOM but sudently they are here again ?! 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Is it a driver issue - are you using DSR? I am sure that I read someone say that it seemed to cause OOMs.

DX10SF doesn't allocate any memory on the C side where OOMs occur and Fi5kuS is reporting the issue in 2.5 whichdates from November anyway.

Interestingly JSilva who I think uses DX10 posted this

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458250-oom-at-32gb-instead-of-4gb/

Now I am sure that he uses DX10 and note that the error occurred in the ATI Driver.

Which type of GPU are you using?

GTX 760 and 2x DSR. The DSR really doesn't make that big a difference, but I can see some letters and numbers being a bit sharper in the virtual cockpit. And since I don't seem to loose a lot of FPS, I'm sticking with it. But does a higher texture resolution has anything to say for VAS usage?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

i dont use dsr i tried to but my actual graphics card is only a 750ti and i think it is not capabale of doing dsr. 

the strange thing is i deactivated the rapid mode of my smasung ssd840 and no my frames are at least between 14 and 20 before i only got 9 FPS. 

At the moment i make a testflight from dubai to hamburg and if i can land without crash i think the problem was rapid mode related but this is interesseting. 

brgds

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

On a DX10/gtx760 here, I had a "black screen" bug after upgrading from 344.65 to 347.09, after a 5 hours flight.

Not an OOM though, but it's the first FSX problem I have in months, flying mainly long hauls (>10hours) flights.

Very recent issue, occured on 25/12.

Now reverting to 344.65, clearing shaders cache and trying again.

Hi!

I was just about to complete a trip from Helsinki Vantaa to Oslo Gardemoen (both aerosoft airports) in the NGX. It crashed on approach. How funny. I never gotten a OOM error on this flight before, even with heavy clouds and scenery, and by using the DX 10 fixer as well. I have never actually measured VAS during flights cause I can hear FSUIPC alarm whenever Im short on VAS.

When FSX was about to crash, I opened task manager where FSX.exe was located on top with 3200K of memory. I thought 4k was the maximum VAS fsx could use, or am I completely off ground here? Im very familiar with OOMs in this 32-bit rubbish game and I have taken evasive actions do avoid it, including setting autogen to normal, water effects to medium, LOD radius default, 1024 cloud textures etc etc. Maybe it has something to do with a recent BIOS update? Although Im having a hard time believing that. 

Any help/input would be appreciated here! Sadly, Im not one of the them who got rid of OOMs after upgrading to DX10.

HI you could by fsx-se lol that will fix you on OOMS

CHEERS

I upgraded my GPU. My GTX 970 is working great and the graphical glitches I got due to the post 12.4 drivers are gone (I now use driver 344.75). However, I still got OOM's at 3.2GB. Yesterday, I got an OOM at 3.2GB during approach to EGLL from OTHH. I am still puzzled why at 3.2GB and not 4GB. Strangely, no logs were produced for that flight.

Júnior Silva

HI you could by fsx-se lol that will fix you on OOMS

CHEERS

Haha  :lol:

I upgraded my GPU. My GTX 970 is working great and the graphical glitches I got due to the post 12.4 drivers are gone (I now use driver 344.75). However, I still got OOM's at 3.2GB. Yesterday, I got an OOM at 3.2GB during approach to EGLL from OTHH. I am still puzzled why at 3.2GB and not 4GB. Strangely, no logs were produced for that flight.

It could be that I misunderstood. You can't measure VAS with windows explorer, but still. I think getting OOM on a short trip from Helsinki to Oslo is just to much :(

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Keep in mind that the memory consumption indicated by the task manager and the VAS consumption (that I measure using the Process Explorer) assume different values. There is definitely a relationship between the two, but depending on settings, the VAS value is always between 15% and 25% higher than the memory consumption, unfortunately. That explains why you get an OOM when the task manager shows a memory consumption of "only" 3.2GB. (3.2GB + 25% = 4GB)

I used Process Explorer (not to be confused with Task Manager).

Júnior Silva