Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Captain Sim 777

I see Captain Sim is having a sale on the 777 for P3D and I am considering picking it up as I don't know when PMDG will release their 777.

Does anyone here have it running in P3D?

If yes, is it as buggy as their other products?

What issues are you having with it?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi,

I am running it on P3D, until PMDG releases its 777. It is quite ok, especially for the todays 9,99 sales price.

But dont expect a PMDG standard !

Happy Holidays,

Tris

Oops, I just saw: the P3D-Version seems NOT to be included in the sale , only the FSX version !!

Be aware that its 29.99 for P3D! 3 time the price it is for FSX and its the exact same plane! If you are using P3D save your money and wait for the PMDG. It will be released soon.

Hey personally I like their stuff. Wasn't able to get the FSX version of the 777 working in P3D v2 but I had no problems at all with the 707, C30 & B52.But at least on the 777 they do offer a P3D version.

Not wild about the price but hey it is new and people want it. Those guys aren't stupid, they know the PMDG 777 is coming and they know that a lot of simmers just want one they can fly now. Supply and Demand. Good for them.

The support on their forums comes primarily from a helpful soul named Mark in Australia someplace -- not sure if he actually works for Captain Sim or not but he seems to be the driving force over there, in terms of helping folks.

Thanks for all the replies. After reading reviews as well as my experience with their 727, I think I'll pass. You are correct in that the only reason I am contemplating the purchase is because I want a T7 for P3D. That being said, I would probably kick myself when PMDG releases their T7 for P3D having wasted my money on the CS version.

Luckily, I saw Steam having a half price sale on X Plane 10 so bought that.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Be aware that its 29.99 for P3D! 3 time the price it is for FSX and its the exact same plane! If you are using P3D save your money and wait for the PMDG. It will be released soon.

...and how much do you think you'll pay for that? Guarantee you as PMDG already has stated, it will not be the same you paid for the FSX version!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I just purchased the P3D version. I received version 1.4. There is a ver 1.6 service pack, but unfortunately I only get the first 6meg of a 23meg download and it fails to download :(.

1. No wheels. Plane is floating off the ground.

2. GSX is totally confused.

a. I am at an airport that has no jetway, and both sets of "mobile" stairs go to the main door. Neither one aligns properly.

b. Both catering trucks also line up with the first service door.

I have not flown it yet. Just downloading manuals.

I reinstalled FSX so I can use the PMDG 777 and NGX. I'd rather have the pain of FSX than the pain of Captain Sim.

Thanks for all the replies.

No pain with CS 777 for me with v1.5 ... what specifically is being reported as a problem?

Cheers, Rob.

No pain with CS 777 for me with v1.5 ... what specifically is being reported as a problem?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, can you give me a clear idea of performance for you?   Say out of KSMF or FB's KSFO, w/ standardized weather theme, etc?   I'm intrigued but really like to have frames stay above 20 while taxiing and flying low, hopefully over 24 or so.

Thanks in advance!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I don't use FB KSFO ... as I run Orbx NCA and the two will consume all VAS in a matter of minutes.  But to be fair to FB's KSFO ... it's an older product designed for FSX ... I'm will to bet KSFO V2 will be a drastic improvement in performance, VAS, and will hopefully not use unsupported ASM methods.

I can try KSMF with NCA active and report back, weather and weather engine used will obviously have an impact on FPS, any  particular one (ASN, Opus, FSGRW)?

Also keep in mind I'm running 3840 x 2160.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, try just one of the canned weather themes this way I can duplicate what you're doing better.   If you don't mind sometime, try taxiing around KSMF w/ NCA active & then just Global active and see how it fairs.   I have resigned myself to using Global only for anywhere in Nor Cal for any tube liners, though the MD80 can hack it performance wise it gets dicey w/ VAS depletion for sure.  I flew the MD80 (the most underestimated tube we have IMO, dated, but reasonably complex & so easy on performance) from YMML>YBBN w/ ample VAS upon arrival but FTX Australia is a region that is much easer on performance & VAS use than NCA for sure.

Thanks!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X