Sign in to follow this  
onebob

DX10 to DX9

I would like to wish all the DX9 guys a very merry Christmas from the DX10 guys, wish you where here.

Bob

Merry Christmas to you too!

btw do you think DX10 would be a good upgrade for my MacbookPro (2.6ghz Core2duo, GT9600M gt 512Mb, 4MbRam)?

What is the point?

My DX9 is working just fine, thanks!

do you think DX10 would be a good upgrade for my MacbookPro (2.6ghz Core2duo, GT9600M gt 512Mb, 4MbRam)?

Only if you want to purchase extra stuff or fiddle with files.

Merry Christmas to you too!

btw do you think DX10 would be a good upgrade for my MacbookPro (2.6ghz Core2duo, GT9600M gt 512Mb, 4MbRam)?

As you can see I have a i7 3.5 o/c to 4.4 with a 780i gpu which suits adopting usepools =0 of which dx10 treats bufferpools differently from dx9. So I dont think you could take advantage of that but no doubt someone will jump in and say providing you set up bufferpools correctly it will be ok.

Bob

All DX10 has ever done for me was boinked my second monitoring undocking gauges/panels GPS etc. Certainly not worth any thing I have noticed as far as scenery quality compared to DX9.

But Happy Holidays to ya anyways. :smile:

I tried DX10 as well; no upside to it on my system, so I quickly changed back to DX9.

DX 10 was just what I needed! Perfect running system, but was getting OOM alerts on crosscountry (Orbx) flights into regional airports ... very annoying! Never heard the ping of the OOM alert since I moved across... now I switch off the VAS monitor and the fps counter. Happy Days! 

DX10 with Steve's fixer has absolutely transformed my FSX. It works so much better especially VAS usage. You need to look at the settings recommended here on the forums for NVI and so forth.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Why does this thread even exist? Are we now going to debate this too?

What's next, FS9 vs XPX?

Why does this thread even exist?

Jim, think of it as a means of getting you closer to 25,000 posts; already you are 2 closer thanks to this thread!

These posts are just fine.

DX9 and DX10 threads are indeed very relevant.

With the DX10 Fixer, it's absolutely worth a try.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I am on DX10, but personally think the nature and intention of this thread is contradictory to the Christmas spirit. Only mention it because the tongue in cheek greetings seem to be the basis of the original post.

And one more thing, don't count me in as a dx10 guy in your greeting. Merry Christmas to all! As a flight simmer to all other flight simmers...

DX9 and DX10 threads are indeed very relevant.

In 3 sentences or less: What is the relevance of this thread? No, the OP didn't suggest for one millisecond anything but a nasty message.

In 3 sentences or less: What is the relevance of this thread? No, the OP didn't suggest for one millisecond anything but a nasty message.

Well, perhaps you are right.

This shouldn't be a DX9 vs DX10 thread, but happy thoughts :-)

I just like the discussion, because i have been split 50/50 about this.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD