Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

simply a must have gauge in p3dv4!

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

To all:

Roland has advised me by email that the 64 bit gauge is working and should soon be uploaded to the AVSim Library. The announcement was caught up in the "unofficial support forum" issues, as this thread was unavailable for editing for several days.

Jay

Hi i wonder if i can use two gtn 750 units And the rolsasnradar?

if so could you guys help me install it? maybe a video or somthing beacuse i do not understand the readme..

thanks, Eytan Ofir

xtreme prototypes lear45

[Vcockpit00]
Background_color=36,36,36
size_mm=1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GLJ25_01_G_C
//gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,211,248,670,586
gauge00=rxpGNS2!GPS_500_1,265,310,480,385,VC_settings    <<< this is for the RXP GNS530v2 addon, go to its support forum on avsim for details
gauge20=XPGLJ25v2!gps_buttons, 0, 0, 1, 1                                <<< this is for the RXP GNS530v2 addon, go to its support forum on avsim for details

// Dummy radar display -------------------------------------

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=36,36,36
size_mm=1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GLJ25_05_G_C
//gauge00=XPGLJ25v2!dummy_radar_screen,212,270,602,445
gauge00=RolASNRadar!ORadGauge,  225,293,566,415, sweep|beam|icing

xpglj45_gps500.jpg

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Hi Folks, 

requesting your help. I would like to test/ implement three different things in my xtreme prototypes Learjet 25. Sim is P3D v4 with XP Learjet v2.1

1) GTN 750 (2D) and Roland weather radar in the GTN650 bezel below. I don't know how to deactivate the GTN650. When the GTN650 is starting up, the weather radar stops working. (Page 28 same thread)

2) Flight 1 GNS 530 installed in the Original GPS500 bezel. Roland's weather radar in the Dummy Radar below works for me. The screen of the F1 530 remains black.

3) Flight1 GNS 530 (2D) with Roland weather radar below. I changed the panel.cfg accordingly but the screen remains black. Inverter power and RM is on. The weather radar works. 

For 2) and 3) I used Patrick's  (user kdfw) avsim file/manual with the rxp integration example but this did not work for me with the Flight1 GNS. Second major issue is to implement Roland's weather radar in the GTN650 bezel (page 28 of this thread) 

Could you please share your panel.cfg with me, if you are having a solution. Your support is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you - I find your 64-bit WXR gauge indispensable in my flightsim, and I use it on all aircraft that should have a WXR but don't.

The P3D V4.1 update required an update from HiFi AS, but this seems to have broken the ROLASNRADAR gauge, as no link is detected.

Is a gauge update needed?

Thanks,

Fabio

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Hi Fabio,

CargoStorm already pointed out the issue through PM yesterday, but he uses P3D v4.0. I have checked and seen the same behavior on my side.

Current situation is:

• P3Dv4.0 + ASP4 build 6452 => working
  • P3Dv4.0 + ASP4 build 6491 => Not working
  • P3Dv4.1 + ASP4 build 6491 => Not working

I checked the HiFi radar API documentation and I'm unable to find any changes. I also compared the sample code with my gauge code and both are using the Init and Callback mechanisms with same function prototypes.

I checked the cause of my "No radar link!" message in the code, it seems that the Callback function is not called anymore, so I can't get the pointer on data array.

Then, my guess is that there is a bug in last ASP4 build. Maybe I have to open a ticket on HiFi support.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hi,

Thank you, that sounds like the best option.

Fabio

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

I wonder whether the AS XGauge works under V4.1?

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

LOL! So am I!

Mr Fabio Lagattolla