Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

I finally got the Traffic toolbx to work, but Im unsure how to use it ? and is there a posibility of placing any of the vessels at a desired location ?

thanks in advance

Hi

When you want to "place a vessel at a desired location", do you mean as a static model or as an ai starting from that spot? Both are possible and relatively simple, but they require different Tools.

Hi

When you want to "place a vessel at a desired location", do you mean as a static model or as an ai starting from that spot? Both are possible and relatively simple, but they require different Tools.

Id like both but for now I would settle with stationary boats/rigs to get started on, thanks in advance

Id like both but for now I would settle with stationary boats/rigs to get started on, thanks in advance

Using the LibraryCreatorXML available here http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/library-creator-xml.86/ you can make libraries with static models out of any of the ships in the packages that you want (please remember that specific copyrights apply for each model depending on author if you want to share). You just need the mdl file from the model folder for the relevant ship and the textures. Next you can place your model with the object placement tool included in the FSX SDK and finally you create a scenery bgl with a program like scenery shortcut. Once you have tried a couple of times the process can be done in 15 - 20 minutes. It will go to far to give instructions here. If you want to skip the first two steps you can download my package static_ship_library_fsx_2013.zip here from Avsim; there are further ships available as static model libraries on www.flightsimnorway.com

Number one yes, number two you need to use an object placement tool under P3D SDK, number 3 I don't know, but there will be similar tools - I have both P3D and FSX but do all scenery in FSX first.

Example of simple scenery done with this technique by Dimus using some of my ships and a bit of painting...

16120912254616112914694462.jpg

and in real life:

16120912262216112914694464.jpg photo copyright Dimus

There is a link to the scene in this thread:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?99721-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-V1-for-FSX-and-P3D-News-and-Support/page4

Henrik and team, thank you so much for all the effort and time you have put into this project, it shows, what an amazing result.

I have just installed the whole package into my P3D 2.4 and the ships look fantastic. In an earlier post their was mention that the wakes do not show up very well in P3D 2.4 and I don't see any. I did have the Misty ships installed and they did show wakes, although not as nice as in FSX as has been mentioned. There was a couple of post by Mitch who was using P3D 2.4 and showed some nice wakes, so is this a setting in P3D that needs to be tweaked or a file that needs to be installed? Just trying to figure out how to get some wakes to show up in P3D 2.4?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Cheers Martin

Hello,

Since my upgrade to P3D Client 3.4.18.19475. I have again a problem with the ships and the wakes. These wakes are vertical from the water level to the sky.

I remember there was a solution on this site but I do not find it.

Some help; thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

1483113290-ship-2.png
1483113290-ship3.png
1483113312-ship-2.png
1483113312-ship3.png

This happens ONLY with the default P3D ships NOT with the Addon ships traffic

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Try turning water detail down to below ultra. I have mine on medium and they work fine.

Bigcav

Not sure which wake issue you were responding too, but turning down the water detail in P3D 2.4 had no effect...ugh!

Cheers

Martin

Hello, Down to below Ultra up to no detail = no effect ...

More suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Thanks, for some reason I now no longer get wakes for my Sea Planes, so I must of deleted or overwritten a file. Just not sure which one it would be. Does anyone know which texture file or files would be involved in P3D 2.4. The only thing I have installed lately is AI Global ships and the RTMM ships so I'll delete those and go from there....darn!

Cheers

Martin

Fixed, silly me forgot to put the Texture folder back into the Effects folder when installing....

Cheers

Martin

Hello, Down to below Ultra up to no detail = no effect ...

More suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hi Emile,

Sorry, but Christmas, family plus work has not given time to check-in here the last week. It seems odd that it happens with default ships, but not with the add-on - and without having a chance of checking in the sim as my sim computer is very far away it also seems like the wake for that small default boat is too big for what it will have if it was a default leisure boat... But some other addon could have damaged your standard wakes. Two things can help identify the problem:

1) turn down leisure boats to zero in traffic settings; if no boats show up with "heavenly" wakes then you know that it is default leisure boats which causes the problem.

2) open the effects fx_wake_s, fx_wake_ss, and fx_wake_l with notepad and check if they contain the parameter:

TempK=107.00

TempRate=0.01

or

TempK=109.00

TempRate=0.01

both will provoke that wakes rise to the sky and they are not a part of a normal fsx wake effect. You can edit them out with notepad, or if you have a back-up overwirte them with the original wake effects.