Sign in to follow this  
irishsooner

Earth Simulations Closed Down?

Do the boxed (I assume the Flightstore products are boxed?) versions need any sort of online registration/activation to use them, or can you simply install and run?... Also, do these versions work in P3Dv2x?

Do the boxed (I assume the Flightstore products are boxed?) versions need any sort of online registration/activation to use them

No, There's no online registration or activation required. They will install even without an internet connection.

Also, do these versions work in P3Dv2x?

Out of the box no, As the ESI version 2.4 contained on the DVD's is FSX only. However a DVD essentially contains an ESI-Pack. So you could install ESI version 2.5 ( which has P3D and Steam Edition capability too) and direct it to the ESI-Pack contained on the DVD. Then it would install into P3D or steam. 

No, There's no online registration or activation required. They will install even without an internet connection.

Out of the box no, As the ESI version 2.4 contained on the DVD's is FSX only. However a DVD essentially contains an ESI-Pack. So you could install ESI version 2.5 ( which has P3D and Steam Edition capability too) and direct it to the ESI-Pack contained on the DVD. Then it would install into P3D or steam. 

Thank you for the info... IOM was always an intended purchase, as was Scotland. It seems very wrong clamoring for these products now though, I should have bought them from you before now. Too late for Scotland, but I may grab IOM -  though I have hope you may find some way of offering your work for purchase in the future.

I have ESI 2.5 available on my own site along with the patchs made for IOM, Guernsey and Alderney.

I also host the patches for the Horizon Scenery products.

www.arm-computers.co.uk

TonyM

I bought mine online, so will I still have access to them if need be that I have to re-install in the future?

mgh is wrong.

You can still download your sceneries you bought online to a local ESI-pack (for the time being). After that you can reinstall whenever you need to.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Gerry.Thanks, Kevin, for the correction. From the attached screengrab, does it look to you

Thanks, Kevin, for the correction. From the attached screengrab, does it look to you that I have that ES-pack? I recall downloading and saving all the download links, installers, etc

DoesThisMeanIHavetheES-Pack.jpg

you have the esi pack folder which looks promising, is there anything in it? K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Hi all,

Really, annoyed discovered that I have accidentally deleted my Isle of Man scenery folders and need to reinstall it. I have the ESI-setup.exe file and all my passwords from the purchase but I don't seem to be able to download anything. Is it possible that I will not be able to recover it? That's SO annoying!

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

Hi all,

Really, annoyed discovered that I have accidentally deleted my Isle of Man scenery folders and need to reinstall it. I have the ESI-setup.exe file and all my passwords from the purchase but I don't seem to be able to download anything. Is it possible that I will not be able to recover it? That's SO annoying!

backups backups backups...

xaP1VAU.png

32 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I know. I had the scenery folders in a  my HDD but for some reason I can't find them. Should have deleted them. I sent them an email but I don't know if they l manage it anymore. I can't believe there is no solution for people who payed for this to not be able to download the files. If anyone knows what should I do, I'd be so grateful.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Well yes, that is all very well, but it should also be up to developers who decide to give up the business to ensure their customers can use the software they have paid lots of money for. There are exceptional circumstances, such as death, or serious illness, but otherwise there is little excuse to leave those loyal to you to suffer this sort of thing. I have no way to restore my ES software and quite frankly it stinks, especially as Orbx gave them a lifeline.

At least RealAir are doing the right thing, with activation's still working and a promise to, at some point, allow their customers to continue to use what they have bought when the activation system is taken offline.

Its hard to know, but in this digital age you have to think about who you give your money to.

1 hour ago, Novation said:

Well yes, that is all very well, but it should also be up to developers who decide to give up the business to ensure their customers can use the software they have paid lots of money for. There are exceptional circumstances, such as death, or serious illness, but otherwise there is little excuse to leave those loyal to you to suffer this sort of thing. I have no way to restore my ES software and quite frankly it stinks, especially as Orbx gave them a lifeline.

At least RealAir are doing the right thing, with activation's still working and a promise to, at some point, allow their customers to continue to use what they have bought when the activation system is taken offline.

Its hard to know, but in this digital age you have to think about who you give your money to.

With respect thats inaccurate.  ES did give fair warning that their download servers wouldnt last forever and advised customers to make an offline backup.  IIRC the servers still worked for nearly a year after they shut down.  If everyone had kept a backup offline then they would be ok now.  ES did make sure that you would be able to use products that you had paid for, but user error in not maintaining backups really is NOT a dissolved company's responsibility.  

PM me...?

xaP1VAU.png