Sign in to follow this  
cropduster

Anti-Virus

Have a new computer system strictly for FSX, specs below.....A lot of recommendations have been to follow the AVSIM guide for install, there is no reference from what I see on an antivirus to run.  Curious on recommendations for this, thanks!

Used to have quick heal as my av   that was   4  years ago now was causing more issues  than it  was worth having  it installed,  than switched to mse  and havn' t had any issues  at all, that's if your using  win 7 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm sure different folks will have different favorites, but I have been running AVG Free for quite some time, and like it.

Bert

Yes, AVG Free : using it for several years now without any problem on 5 machines

It's great to see someone in the community being concerned with Computer Security.  I ran AVAST and AVG for over six months and found they worked very well and didn't load down the system. I testing McAfee about 5 years ago and found that it did load my system down, though I believe their engine was written about two years ago and now doesn't load the system down. I run Symantec, and it's the best I've used thus far.  For the best protection, I'd say that Karpersky ranks number 1, but I've not run it myself and I'm told it requires a fair amount of knowledge to setup correctly.

KasperskyBased on protection level, ease of setup and not bogging down a system, I'd recommend Symantec, AVG and AVSAT.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I use ESET Smart Security V 8.  Very little load on the machine.  Its antivirus service and built-in firewall provides absolutely tight protection. 

James M Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Used Free Avg for years on my Laptop with no probs at all,  the only thing i did not like about Avg is all the little ad on's they sneak in,     in saying that It works fine for free software, done the job.

After spending thousand's on my new computer,  i wanted the best Antivirus i could find so i got BitDefender,  it works fine as well.  

MS Essentials, and it´s the best!

It's far from the best. MSE's ratings have gone down the drain over the years. It used to be good, but now it isn't.

I recommend COMODO. It's a free suite, includes sandbox, antivirus, firewall, email scanner, etc.