Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Choose your plane...

Guest LonelyplanetXO

Gosh, what a question! I doubt I'd keep the sim if it only had one aircraft. I love flying a variety of machines and regularly use Owen Hewitts Bell, Aeroworx B200, FSD T38, Robert Sandersons Sea Hurricane and the Realair Spitfire. But like many, I suspect the definitive FS model is the SF260. Flying it low under a murky solid cloudbase yesterday, it occurred to me that this really is the best to date. So its the Realair Siai Marchetti for me.LPXO

Guest adria320

Well, for me it would be iFDG's A320 with PSS panel, Ed's panel edits, one of those soundpacks from the library and all of the repaints :( Adria being the favourite ;)

Guest Debosonic

For me it would be the level D 767 package.

Guest Kingair315

Well, for me the perfect flight regime each day is either the Kingair350 or Mike Stone's B1900D... Either is capable of flying low, and as slow as 120-140kts... Ive even flown it though the Grand Canyon, the full length from Lake Mead, north into Colorado following the River all the way. Some of those turns are so sharp though it means dropping gear and full flaps TO slow down enough to make them...With Justin's mesh for the Grand Canyon http://fsgenesis.net and his Landclass it makes flying through the Canyon both a challange and pleasure. Ive flown in the canyon with a Pilot twice, and in a Rotarywing twice. Landing in the Canyon for a Champagne Lunch... So I relive that trip over, and over in the flight sim. Have also been visiting various areas of the GC at least 4 times a year since 1969, and never find it the same. The color of the Canyons change depending on seasons, and time of day, weather, etc... Have also taken a rafting trip through the canyon, and if you want to really have an experience, take that trip sometime.

Happily, it never has to be just one, because I always like to go back into the past with nostalgic aircraft, or try out a new up to date panel or whatever.But today................it's the RealAir SF260; thanks to the recent update, and the fact that the flight I just made, seemed so stinkin REAL, as I made my descent into the pattern and then on down to the final flare with stick & pedals after a short cross country. Seems so dang real, you'd almost swear you're there!L.Adamson

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Yeah, there's something really right about the 260. It feels so lively and convincing. The realview effects are really well implemented too. Taking off and landing on dirt strips is a whole new experience becuase you can "feel" the bumps so much better...

Guest Simicro

I'm with you Zevious and Ladamson !

After struggling to pick one among (Realair's Super Decathlon, Dreamfleet Archer II, Piper Meridien and Flight1's ATR-500.I had to pick... Flight1's ATR-500. I just can't get enough of this. Don't think..I'd ever will.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter