Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Choose your plane...

Guest OneMacGuru

Chipmunk (Rick Piper) - the only one that has been with me start to finish (real life & FS)Al

One more post here after thinking about it a little more.:)With regards to the "best overall" aircraft in FS I would have to give my vote to the Dreamfleet A36 for the following reasons:1. Gorgeous visual model.2. Very detailed 2D panel and VC.3. Great configuration utility.4. RXP 430 and WX500 gauges included.5. Very reasonable price.6. Visual model options switchable on the fly.7. Text-o-matic utility for repaints.8. Great customer service.It is just a great add-on all the way around. The only complaint one could have is if they want something faster...which really isn't a complaint at all, just a preference for some.The great part is that it is "typical" of Dreamfleet to produce such a great product. There are a few groups out there that you can count on to produce quality work, and Dreamfleet is certainly one of them.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Even though I love to fly the bigger commercial jets I think if it came down to one and only one, I wouldn't want to pass up VFR in a lighter plane. With this in mind, it's hard to beat Flight1's Piper Meridian. Smooth as silk in VC or otherwise, a true pleasure to fly, and has a decent flight ceiling as well, pretty exterior to boot.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

ya know folks, ive thought about this question off and on for days and days now, and since im still finding it nearly impossible to make a final choice ive finally come to a conclusion...I MUST BE VERY DIFFICULT TO PLEASE, hahahahahahaha!I realized there are 2 reasons why its so difficult for me to choose:1. Different planes are needed to simulate different types of flights (slow vfr & pilotaged short hops, fast ifr above the weather medium-long range).2. There hasnt been a plane developed yet that i feel is PERFECT in all aspects. Most are perfect in SOME ways but fall short in other ways, etc.so heres what i propose! :Could you just imagine an aircraft that is capable of morphing into the perfect flight regime of whatever you need it to be that day?...it would be possible to fly low and slow at 140kts and allow great visibilty out the window for those pilotage flights, yet it can also fly at 30,000ft and 400kts with a new fangled type of fms onboard with all the latest gadgetry!...as of today this of course doesnt exist in reality yet, but i just know that one day (maybe not in MY lifetime) it WILL certainly exist.Heres the other part to this "perfect solution" :Ive noticed over the years that theres no single developer who is capable of being near perfect in every phase of modeling an aircraft...however, each developer seems to BE near perfect in at least one particular area of the creating process (some are best with panels, some with gauges, some with exteriors, some with FDE, etc)...SOOOOOO, why not have a "We Are The World" type of project where some/all of the most popular developers join hands in a cooperative effort to create and release the most perfect and futuristic vehicle of flight the world has yet to see?! :-spacecraft ...the sales and publicity would be phenominal im sure, and maybe some of the proceeds could even go to some charity worthy of the cause, or possibly even the SETI organization (they are still self funded by donations/grants arent they??).....and the best part of this?...we'd all finally be able to make a final decision to this post in the first place! :-yellow1 Dave

Guest bones

Project Fokker F100.Considering how many downloads this aircraft has had I'm surprised it has had few votes..I agree with everyone who said the Real Air SF260 - it's well worthy of anyone's vote. Same goes for the Spitfire. FSD's Panther Navajo is worthy of mention too - not the most eye catching aircraft to get in FS but it's a very good reproduction of the real thing (maybe only PA31 drivers will vote for it).Despite all these lovely aircraft I still tend to wander around mostly in FS in the Real Air C172..bones

Although you made your post regarding the results, I thought I'd add to the thread since it took me several days to consider. I would go with Bill Lyons' Challenger. Nothing gives me the feeling of flight more than his Challenger. No entering of flight plans, programming autopilots, and so on. Just plain flying, close to the earth--between mountain ranges vs. over them.If I could choose a runner up, probably Owen's Bell. Best copter I've ever flown.-John

Alright, if I had to nail it down to one, my final choice would be:FSD Piper NavajoI love twin props, and that plane has enough range to do just about everything I need.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest FSIntegral

Opensky Boeing 747 v3 series, the -200 for fun, th -400 for serious flight.Maybe the Opensky 767 v4 with virtual cockpit if accuracy/performance is worth it. I wont fly in slide show. By the way, Opensky has always kept their models pretty perfect with low polycount.Hope there will be v4 versions of the 747s... (freeware)

Well John, the more the merrier. I think the results will stand no matter how many more people vote. I think we're up to about 50 different aircraft now - and I think you're the first to mention a helicopter!!Ian

Thats a hard one, but between Erick's 727 and soon L-1011.....Im going to have to say the L-1011 for me.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest Stainless

It's going to be another vote for the SF.260 from me, such a great aircraft...Now time to go get the 2005 update :)

Well, If only ONE.....I'd have to fly a "Heavy" since I'd want to go to many far away places AS WELL AS close places. Probably an Airbus 320 or similar plane. I love the views (side and passenger window) that are available from this plane, and it's relatively easy to fly. Stan

Guest Armstrang

I have the D, too, and love it, too. But I got the C for the cargo versions, and it is an improvement. So, since I have limited hard drive space, I retired the D.One plane? I'd have to say the Beaver, since it is so versatile. One plane? No variety? No allowance for appreciation of the different forms of aero form and grace? That would be too much like having only one kind of music or food, or only having one kind of guitar or one kind of car. That would be too much like monogamy!

Guest RobA

My all time favorite as well.Rob