Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Choose your plane...

Guest Coneman

I surprised myself a little with my choice. PMDG B1900D - versatile - could be commercial, cargo, or even GA (stretching that one a bit). Great model and vc, nice flying characteristics.Todd

RealAir SF260.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

RealAir SF260. (As Mayor Daly of Chicago once said "Vote early...and vote often.)

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hoi Jaap,So what are these modifications of the ** Lancaster Mk III and can you make them available to other ** Owners?My own Choice?Flight 1 ATR 72-500

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest ponyboy

Alright, I'll have a little fun with this. Thinking that the one aircraft has to last me for all my remaining simming days I would probably choose something like the default Cessna Caravan with floats.Why in the world a default????1. It's possible it could last longer through several more versions of FS. What if my super-duper elaborate 737NG flight systems were uncompatable in the next version? I'm dead in the water.2. I can land in both water or land and more airports than a heavy.3. Good framerates4. Has a VC5. Can have the variety of bush flying or a releatively long haul. Can't jump the Atlantic in one shot but could make several puddle jumps to get there.6. Has good speed.7. Could use it for something like FS Economy or create my own VA regional airline for hauling walking cargo.But I would miss the roar of my jet engines... oh well.

>I surprised myself a little with my choice. PMDG B1900D ->versatile - could be commercial, cargo, or even GA (stretching>that one a bit). Great model and vc, nice flying>characteristics.>Why not PMDG B1900C that is very similar but better?

Guest georg

Certainly Level-D 767 which is so far the best FS addon I've experienced :)

Eric Cantu's excellent B737-200...DJ

PMDG with the Des Braban sound set. Perfection.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

>If you were allowed to fly only ONE aircraft - default,>freeware or payware - for the rest of your natural born FS>days, which one would it be. You get to keep as much scenery>as you want, but only one set of wings (or rotors, if you're>that way inclined). >First I would rephrase the question. If you only had time with one plane, because as a matter of fact we do have many planes to choose from. But at least for me I don't have time to fly to many planes.Or more precisely I have problem to get time to learn all my purchased add on planes.>I'm hoping enough people will respond so that we can reveal>the TOP FS PLANE of all time. Think about it - this has got to>last you. You may decide you want to pick the LDS 767, but is>that the best aircraft for checking out new scenery?? Maybe>you prefer low and slow, but are you sure you'll never want to>cross an ocean again?? Do you want to stick with a faithful>old friend, or run off with something new and exciting?? >Again I think the question has to be rephrased to which is the top plane for each category. I would answer,to which plane do I get back to again and like very much. For me at present that isF1 C172Katana DA 20SF260F1 Piper MeridianThere can be more in the future. Propably some jets.

This is a tough one for me, but I would choose between the PMDG 737-800, the IFDG A319, FS_KBT's P-3C Orion (Daisuke Yamamoto, Hiroaki Kubota, Toshikazu Harada), or any of Eaglesofts planes (except the Premier 1)

Jfri - No categories I'm afraid. You have to pick ONE plane. That's what makes it more challenging.I'll have to take the first aircraft in your list - the F1 C172. Good choice!!Sorry!Ian

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,One plane and one plane only - huh. Hmm well for me it needs to be 150+ kts cruise (at about 75%) for cross country flying. Be amphib and on wheels (bush ability). Ideally be high wing and prefer high tail (but this last characteristic is probably impossible given the planes that actually exist for FS or in the real world - unfortunately Walter Extra has never put the 400 or 500 on floats :( ). Have truly outstanding flight and 3-D models. Have an outstanding panel rendition. Carry 6 or less passengers - don't want a big plane. Prefer piston engine but turboprop would be OK. Can be twin or single. A plane like this would meet my FS needs perfectly and I'd still fly it only about 75% of the time given the number of other wonderful planes out there. Anyway Guess What - It don't exist. I think that this is a problem for many people - trying to identify one "perfect" plane for all situations. If you can even identify a "perfect" plane the next question is - has it ever been modeled. Everything is a compromise.So until somebody does an FSD, RealAir or Dreamfleet quality job on a Found Bushhawk (150 Kts cruise) or a Cessna 185 IO-550 Conversion (170 kts cruise) or something else similar. I'll probably have to reluctantly go with the Pilatus Porter even though it's slow. Rest assured though my vote would change in a heartbeat if somebody were to do a quality plane that met the above criteria. Right now I'm eagerly awaiting Milton Shupe and team's Beech D18 - If it's on floats too I may not need anything else! Take Care! -Ed-

Guest jetBlue_83

Citation X

I would choose "e": Quit playing FS because I can't only have one airplane to fly.... :D