Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Choose your plane...

Thanks for asking, Ian. Great question.As for me, I have always been a fan of the old-timers, the seat-of-the-pants aircraft when everything was new and adventurous.So, this is my choice for best all-around pleasure:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/117707.jpgThe original Montgolfier balloon, the first aircraft ever to fly, in 1783. Nothing since has ever been more fun, and certainly nothing has ever been more esthetically appealing.And, it does not need any darn rudder on take-off!Best regards.Luis

Guest DonaldS

I have to go with you, "Splash", um, er, Mark.The MAAm-SIM and it's variations are absolutely the best.Regards,DonaldSNebraska USA

:) Don't thank me Paul . Let me thank you guys for an excellent product. I have almost all the excellent addons for FS2k4 including LDS767 but I like a manual plane like the 727. No complicated FMS, just flying by the seat of your pants. I hope one day you guys can do justice for the 707 where others were not able to ;)

John Sark

Default Cessna 182! :-hah :-hah :-hah No, I don't want to go through all that again...I'm old enough to remember the time when this was a reality!FS1-No choice in aircraft, Cessna 182 was all there was, period.And still it was great, in those days!There was a World War I game mode too, but the 'Sopwith Camel' had the same panel/characteristics as the Cessna (only it could shoot and drop bombs).Best,Martijn

Guest VAA_008

Very difficult choice to make indeed.I have a lot of add-ons and I like them all. I spent way too much money to just take one with me and leave the others behind.One user said he would take them all, so would I.I haven't got the SF260 yet so pardon me...

Guest TimboDuck

Hi all,No doubt about it: The MAAM-SIM R4D. Just the right size and with all the great variations you'll never run out of things to do. And it looks grrrrreat!Regards, Timian

Guest Boone

Cheyenne 400 LS...She's sleak, fast, sexy, VFR, IFR and freshly updated!

DreamFleet's 727...This aircraft makes you work and is never boring at 32,000ft... :-beerchug

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Default Cessna 182! :-hah :-hah :-hah Martijn, nice to see someone remembers the good old days... :-lol This very fact is the reason why I'm so glade Coranado is releasing the 182RG. Microsoft has done away with their standard 182RG which was faster than the fixed wheeled versions that comes default now. The 182RG was a nice plane to have as default in FS, I was looking forward to a VC version but sadly that never happened... Since Combat Sim is no longer, Microsoft should bring back the old WWI mode back in the default setup. It would be nice to have all the vintage locations to go with the vintage aircraft like where the original 'Jenny' was hangered at or the airfield Charles Lindberg flew out of on Long Island. Put that together with a WWI area located in Europe somewhere and we're back in business...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Kingair315

>Martijn, nice to see someone remembers the good old days...>:-lol >>This very fact is the reason why I'm so glad Coranado is>releasing the 182RG. Microsoft has done away with their>standard 182RG which was faster than the fixed wheeled>versions that comes default now. The C182RG which was in previous versions, still works in 2004... Unfortunately new users, have no access to it. I just copied the entire folder with the earlier version. IT is one of my favorites, and even though I like Bill Lyons WACO, Mike Stone's B1900D, and Eaglesoft Citation-X so much... still find myself flying the 182RG... for its differences. Am checking out MegaCity Dallas/Ft Worth this week, and went back to the 182 to do so... BOY is Texas FLAT... ;-)>The 182RG was a nice plane>to have as default in FS, I was looking forward to a VC>version but sadly that never happened...Still find myself preferring not to use any VC version cockpit.>>It would be nice to have all the>vintage locations to go with the vintage aircraft like where>the original 'Jenny' was hangered at or the airfield Charles>Lindberg flew out of on Long Island. Put that together with a>WWI area located in Europe somewhere and we're back in>business...Check out the "Golden Age" sites and you may find a lot of what you are looking for, or someone willing to create another scenery location with original buildings. I'd like to have "The Brockton, MA Fairgrounds" as it was back in 1906, so that I could fly the Wright Brothers Kit from there. My Grandfather built one of their kitplanes, and flew it from the Fairgrounds. All I have is my Aunts and Fathers stories. Pictures were published in the "Brockton Enterprise" of him towing it from New Bedford, to Brockton with a horse, before the engine was installed. Unfortunately havent found any pictures ever taken of the plane. It was donated to the Govt at the Beginning of WWI, to help train pilots in Ohio... He was supposed to get it back, but some student crashed, and wiped it out.

Guest dpc

RealAir SF260Dave---------------------------------------------------System Specs:Athlon64 3500+ ClawHammerECS NForce4 A-939 Mobo (1g FSB @ 2.3mhz)1.5G of OCZ Performance PC3200 RamATI Radeon X800Pro PCI-E (Catalyst 5.5 @ 520/540)SoundBlaster Live 24bitSaitek Cyborg EvoWinXP SP1

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

> RealAir SF260. (As Mayor Daly of Chicago once said "Vote>early...and vote often.)Wonderful pishpot Mayor Daly also destroyed Meigs, almost singlehandedly. But what's done is done...I really fly the heck out of the Howard 500, so I will make that my choice.-JeremyThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!