Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrewF16

Vatsim and Charts

I am fairly new to Vatsim and always fly IFR. I only have the one computer with one monitor. Currently I have a notebook that I have been printing and saving some Airport charts and ILS frequency's but it looks like I will be needing the SID and STAR charts as well to fly properly. How do you guys look at all of these charts while you fly?

Thanks, Ron Fields

I have a second pc monitor with a browser open and a subscription to Navigraph Charts Cloud. Works like a dream.

Martin Bunjes
36.png

I use Aivlasoft EFB or a browser (for http://fltplan.com/) on the same PC as FSX. This works well if FSX runs in windowed mode.

Peter

(P3D v4, i7-3820CPU @ 3.6 GHz, GTX 1070, 16 GB ram)

I use my second monitor as well.

If you want a cheap solution, buy a refurbished "old" iPad. It does the job perfectly as well (and it's probably something closer to what real pilots use).

i7-6700K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR4-2400 MHz, GTX 1070 8GB

I have a second pc monitor with a browser open and a subscription to Navigraph Charts Cloud. Works like a dream.

Thanks, Ron Fields

I hooked up another monitor and extended it but I can not go to a single site on the second monitor. It also does not show a desktop. I have a GTX550TI 2GB card and W7-64 OS. Please help.

Thanks, Ron Fields

I hooked up another monitor and extended it but I can not go to a single site on the second monitor. It also does not show a desktop. I have a GTX550TI 2GB card and W7-64 OS. Please help.

Try pressing Windows button + P

i7-6700K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR4-2400 MHz, GTX 1070 8GB

Try pressing Windows button + P

If I drag the page I need to the second monitor and work from there it is fine. Is this how it is done?

Thanks, Ron Fields

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,640.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now