Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[24JAN15] FSX:SE Compatibility and Other Juicy News...

I particularly going to do that today....uninstall steam/FSXES  and run the Tweak Registry since I did have FSX installed before ....not only the Operation center don't allow me to download liveries.....and also crash in a flight from KLAX to KSFO....something related with visual C +++..off curse I have all my updates and all those visual C++ 2013...bla bla bla.....the rest of the  777 stuff works perfect....but something is bothering the registries I guess...and yes I submitted a ticket...

Thanks

Pedro

Ok I just uninstalled everything and re install FSX ES AND PMDG ( MAke sure delete everthing from C/pmdg files and user/ APP/ PMDG entries ...run FS_Registry_Repair.exe and yeayyyyyyy that's it, working perfect...." everything is just perfect liveries running perfect"
Thanks
Pedro
Windows 8.1

Windows 8.1

FSX Deluxe SP2 & PMDG 777 cleanly removed before Steam Edition installed (with Jan update)

As suggested by Steve Dra, I too had to run the 3 x SimConnect.msi installers from the SDK folder before I was prompted to activate the 777 (installed from SP1d package).

AMD • 5800X3D • RX7900 XT • B550 • 32GB DDR4
pmdgswitch.jpg

Ok thank you and then just installing SP1d ???

I recommend you browse the Introduction document, there are some important tips on how to set up FSX and then soon later spend more time in that document. Also, highly recommended that you fly Tutorial #1.  Happy contrails.

Dan Downs KCRP

Robert,

I can tell you with confidence (and empirical knowledge) that installing all versions of simconnect FIXES MY ISSUE! :Applause:

My situation (posted in another thread but will recap here):

• Net new win 8.1 install (new laptop)
  • Net new Steam install (into program files(x86) folder)
  • Net new FSX:SE install (FSX:MS never touched this machine)..it installed itself in the normal Steam sim folder.

Was getting the No Gear, No Displays, static model, no countdown to load systems, etc.

Troubleshooting steps:

1. UAC off, Install as admin, antivirus OFF. - NO LUCK.
  2. Submitted ticket, got the PMDG_777_Activation.exe app from Pete (just in case it was a combo of install on new machine/steam/win 8.1)
  3. uninstalled 777,  ran activation app (usual antivirus off, and as run as administrator), reinstalled,..NO LUCK.
  4. Installed ALL simconnect MSIs in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces.
  5. Rinse, lather repeat steps 1-3 (with reboots smattered in between all steps.)

Follow steps in green...SUCCESS!  :Applause: 

Hope this helps others out there!

hi there, this one did the trick for me.

im currently using:

FSX:SE only

Windows 8.1 64b

PMDG 777-200 base with 777-300 extension.

previously not working with black panels and no landing gears; tried uninstall, reinstall but to no avail.

then i tried to install SimConnect all three of them from the ..\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces folder and a couple of restarts and viola! all seems to be working.

hope this one works for you too.

Hi guys sadly FSX ES crash in a flight from KLAS to KLAX....no 3rd adds...just fsuicpc ....

:mellow:

Pedro

NGX with weather radar is my dream come true.

Yes. I can't wait for the little NGX SP1d. :) 

A really awesome thing for my favorite aircraft. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Yes. I can't wait for the little NGX SP1d. :) 

A really awesome thing for my favorite aircraft. 

Don't forget needing ASN to have FSX:SE compatibility ;) these two are my main want at the moment (and the FSL A320-X).

Using PMDG's 777 for nearly a week . Did a event with the lovely bird ( IVAO's VIDP RFE ) Worked perfectly . No problems ! just dropping in to say Thanks once again.! anyway any idea when the NGX will be released for Steam ? 

Thanks once again!

anyway any idea when the NGX will be released for Steam ? 

When news is released, it'll be a sticky in the General Forum.

Kyle Rodgers

I recommend you browse the Introduction document, there are some important tips on how to set up FSX and then soon later spend more time in that document. Also, highly recommended that you fly Tutorial #1.  Happy contrails.

Thank you dude!

Where can I find the introduction document and Fly Tutorial #1

Thank you dude!

Where can I find the introduction document and Fly Tutorial #1

Start menu PMDG Simulations \  PMDG Operations Center run Operations Center (OC).  OC will have links to all documentation and the livery manager and download.  Also, you can find the documents in the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777\Manuals.

Dan Downs KCRP

PMDG 737NGX product line updates for FSX, FSX:S/E and Prepar3d:
We have been a bit coy in providing information on the plans to update the NGX product line in order to add compatibility with P3D- so tonight I will add a bit more detail for you.

The PMDG 737NGX and the PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion have been getting some low rate work behind the scenes in order to move some updates from the 777 development cycle back into the NGX product line.  This update process has accelerated of late, and we found a way to de-conflict the developer time from the upcoming 747-400 release- and this caused the process to leap forward rather quickly.

As of this moment, it is planned to release an FSX/FSX:SE dual compatible update to the NGX that will include (typically) a pretty significant update across the board in terms of functionality and enhancements.  I have not had time to go through and categorize them- but I will let you know that we are adding some key elements such as interfacing to Active Sky Next's weather radar capability such as we have in the 777.

I will have a bit more information on timeline with these two products in the coming days.  There are a few challenges we are working to overcome but fortunately the 777 conversion had many of the same hurdles so we already have a pretty clear idea how we are going to resolve them.

Immediately upon release of the NGX updates for FSX and FSX:SE, we will be putting the NGX into beta testing for Prepar3d, with release of that product shortly to follow.

I want to be clear that we are calling this FSX update SP1d for the NGX products, as we are not going to get to a few of the major items we intend for the SP2 update that has been discussed for some time.  I'll have more information on what is included at a later time- so please don't fill the thread with individual requests/demands that we do X or Y.  The stuff that gets addressed comes from our own internal matrix of development needs- and won't have any outside input... 

A very very BIG thank you! 

Looking forward for the updated NGX, plus the 747 will be just gorgeous.

Thanks again, Pau Daniel.