Sign in to follow this  
Acetone

Outerra mods news

While Outerra aviation continues to advance, we also have some movement on the ground with Outerra user Steelrats Carsim project: a detailed ground vehicle simulation framework, detailed enough to even simulate a vehicle's electrical and mechanical systems. The thread can be found here: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3360.0

Simultaneously Outerra user langdon is working on interfacing Outerra and FSX for his simpit, with some impressive results, and he has quickly proceeded from driving Outerra from FSX, to having Outerra planes follow designated waypoints. Thread can be found here: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2705.45

https://youtu.be/z2M3AV0tP_E

More to come!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Testing Outerra frame rates with large numbers of buildings over Acetones Chaos City stress test area.

Specs: I7 920, downclocked to 3ghz from my Usual 4Ghz just to show that Outerra largely doesn't care about the cpu, as my frame rates were nearly identical at both speeds. Gpu is Nvidia 770gtx 2gb

Recorded with Nvidia Shadowplay, all shadow settings and ambient Occlusion were on. Resolution was 1920 x 1080, AA was at 2x, all other settings at default.

Tentative conclusion is that these aren't enough buildings for Outerra to even notice, and I can't imagine what a GTX980 might do.

(slight hitch at first from tiles loading)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

i really wish we could get some update on the OSM importer. 

Agreed. Once we get that, I am 100% sold. Also I hope that someone starts converting some freeware FSX/X-Plane airports and aircrafts to Outerra. Its about time we start populating Outerra with goodies. Levi did convert the marvelous Project Airbus A380 and I am pretty sure he cant get the permission to convert TDS 787 and Projectopensky aircrafts aswell. It will be a huge undertaking but definitely worth it.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Andfly returns with some major upgrades to her original Rocket Man mod. I love her work. She is one of those people who instead of looking at what Outerra doesn't have yet, looks at what it does have, and then pushes the boundary. Awesome work! http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3345.0

In her words:

I finally managed to bring to use the Rocket Man with the new extended commands, the current lights and the normalization of the rotation axes.

I took the opportunity to add some optimizations to the original project:

- Animation switching on and off of the rocket flight systems.
- Addition of precise figures in the pilot's HUD (after the magnificent jobs posted by SteelRat and Uriah).
- Adding an automatic landing system of emergency for the moments of difficulty (I hope it is the result "cute").
- Adding a Hyper Drive that increases engine power in flight outside the atmosphere.
- Various small improvements and finishing on the stability and governability of the vehicle.

To use the model is essential to read the Manual that is in the "Help" directory.
(The downloads are the original addresses).

I hope the Rocket Man now has become even more fun than before, and that results in the user of tasty moments of flight and exploration in the magnificent universe of Anteworld.

Good fun !

On the same day, Outerra user Langdon shows preliminary work on importing FSX airports into Outerra. This comes after his work in driving Outerra visuals from FSX, and in driving Outerra planes through select waypoints.  http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2705.45

outerra_fsx.jpg

Devons rig

Very interesting stuff going on at Outerra again for all of us flightsim enthusiasts, and, i also really enjoyed the RocketMan vid very much!

Thanks a lot again for bringing all these infos here to Avsim as well!

WIP!

The EF-2000, originally built and donated to Outerra by user BongoDriver, is now being updated to use more of Outerra's current and future capabilities, while Bongodriver continues his work on a high resolution cockpit.

Thread is here: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2501.0

Original Plane is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9JkWoyuyZUYSmE5Yzl2bkFnNGc/edit?usp=sharing

The updated/New script can be downloaded here, and must replace the one in your Outerra/Packages/Bongodriver folder: typhoon.js

Default extended controls:

O    Canopy open/close
E    Engine on/off
+    Zoom in (num pad)
-    Zoom out (num pad)
L    Landing lights
Shift + N    Navigation lights
Left mouse button    Fire gun

dWoPta1_zpsjeecsiv5.jpg

cevk5aa_zpsgvxytruo.jpg

acOOtiU_zpsux8i4aqo.jpg

2fNLXNR_zpszjnnan7g.jpg

The EF-2000 will also soon be updated to carry working weapons.

qqVkiBD_zps0arcrixp.jpg

xVqQho4_zpsfrc4qw5g.jpg

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

wp04NGb_zpshgwardln.jpg

APPX7Ej_zpshxmxezr2.jpg

cHQkADO_zpsw1fqw3xd.jpg

D9CBTvx_zpsipnstrps.jpg

Devons rig

Looks very cool :) Gonna download it!

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

From Uriah: http://forum.outerra...01.msg39511#new

Here is a video showing different types of missiles being launched, AGM-65E Maverick and AIM-9M Sidewinder. The mass and drag of each external store is accounted for dynamically in the flight model. When the script initializes, it checks what the loadout configuration is, and sets the mass and drag-area for each station.

When the store is launched, the mass and drag are set accordingly. There are also empty fuel tanks in the flight model at Stations, 3, 7 and 11. When a 1000 liter drop fuel tank is loaded on the wing, that tank is set to full. When you drop the tanks, both the mass of the empty tank and the mass of the fuel is zeroed.

You can select between air-to-ground and air-to-air mode, select the weapon to fire, and toggle Master Arm on/off. I am working on a number of external stores for the EF-2000, including ASRAAM, AMRAAM, AARGM, IRIS-T, GBU-16 PAVEWAY II, LITENING III/AF laser designation pod, and either the Taurus or Storm Shadow stand-off cruise missile.

I'll also add a sensor pod with FOV zoom levels, and a number of sensor modes (DTV, LLTV, FLIR) and tracking modes (rate/point/feature) for engaging targets. Also, expect the MiG-29 and a few other aircraft to be upgraded with the same systems, and of course the AH-64 Apache Longbow!  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Uriah giving some attention to vehicles.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Hmmmmmmm........ It will be interesting if anything comes of this.

Hi, 

Peter from Omnifinity here. We have just started exploring Outerra for use on our Omnideck and look forward trying the latest build with OVR 0.8 when it arrives. We plan to roam around in Middle Earth and hopefully spawn some interesting creatures and vehicles there for the fun of it smiley.gif

We've started fideling with OSVR (Open Source Virtual Reality) and was able to use the side-by-side view mode of Outterra to explore the work with the HDK (Hackers Development Kit). I've attached a screenshot of my colleague Richard looking at a forest in the HDK. 

I was wondering if there any other ppl out there testing out the OSVR?

Cheers

20160208_160216%201%201_zpswjhjijkw.jpg

Devons rig

User Andfly, known for her always creative additions to the list of Outerra mods, has graced us with her latest effort, a sailboat!  :smile:

Read more and download here: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3526.0

• Upvote 1

Devons rig