Hello,

Before buying a new computer for FSX, I wanted to ask if the i5-2500k and the Gtx 560 are good enough to get approximately 20 frames/second in the pmdg 777 on an addon airport like Aerosoft EDDB or any other airport in UK2000. I know tweaks are necessarily and I will surely overclock my cpu to at least 4.2 ghz.

Every comment is appreciated ! :)

Any reason you are looking at 3/4 generations old hardware?  Is it a 2nd hand machine?

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

I am running an I5 oc at 4.8 and a gtx460 and, in most cases, I get 20fps. But be warned:  type of aircraft, scenery, weather and other settings can still put you in the low teens.  I'd get the I5 only if you can easily overclock it to 4.8 and at a price that's too good for you to say no.

tony

I have the 560ti had it now 3 years oc 4.3 still goin strong

With dx10 fixer. I have occasional issues usually caused by addons, however for the most part solid performance and visuals, although you do have some trade offs with the eye candy,

Which imo do not affect the overall satisfaction using the sandy bridge chip,hey! A couple of years ago everyone was raving this was the best thing since sliced bread! as

we all know there are lots of

folks with the latest and greatest machines and haswell

chips imo i don't think most

get much better performance due to fsx limitations so yes

i would recomend your choice

absolutely. Fact latest & greatest ain't always the best

for fsx.

regards graeme

regards, graeme crawford

I have an i5 2500k OC'd to 4.2Ghz when I play FSX. I recently just upgraded to a GTX670 from a Radeon HD6770, but I'll reference to back when I had the 6770.

My FSX sliders are pretty much in the low/middle end. I put texture resolution up really high to look good, and autogen/scenery complexity about in the middle. Other than that, I don't find much else to be necessary for flying mostly IFR. (Feel free to chime in on that, I'm just going off the top of my head right now).

I'd get a pretty smooth 30 fps at FSDreamteam's Chicago O'Hare with the PMDG NGX and the Aerosoft AXE. I believe I would get around 25 fps at UK2000's Heathrow with the AXE. Up in the air would be about 60-80 fps depending on cloud distance and density, but my old gpu limited that and caused some minor stutters. 

*Note - I play on a lower resolution, I have an old monitor at 1024x768. Also, very low traffic, if any at all, because it kills fps so much.

In the end, I would say a 2500k and 560 can do the job, and I'd think they could get you that 20 fps. But you might be able to a bit better for around the same price with some good shopping. Lastly, once you upgrade to those parts and get a little better fps, you won't want to stop. All I ever wanted was a smooth 30 fps, and now that I have it, I want more.

Jim Schroeder

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz | Gigabyte GTX1080ti | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600 

It should do 4.2 no problem. And the 560 will be ok also. But if you play other games as well you will want a faster video card. Get it and enjoy!

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Any updates? I'd love to hear about it 

Jim Schroeder

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz | Gigabyte GTX1080ti | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600