Sign in to follow this  
Pete5

I don't understand this simulator...

it's almost 10 year's old and its sooo demanding like 10 years ago how could you run if if my modern laptop thats only 1 years old can't run it at minimal?????

if you want my specs

1.8 ghz i3 dual core two hyperthreated cores 3mb of Cache

8 gb of ram

2176mb integrated graphics card

windows 8.1 current

get a laptop like mine, it runs fsx, p3d, xp10, etc. at full settings with amazing fps.

ASUS ROG G751 Series Gaming Laptop 

Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50-3.20GHz)

16GB Memory

2TB 7200rpm HDD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

17.3" IPS Screen

Windows 8.1 64-Bit

2TB HDD EXTERNAL USB 3.0

$2000 approx., i bought 3......1 for me, 1 for wifey and 1 for my kid.  All 3 are running great!

My experience tells a different story, when first moved to FSX I was running an OC E6600 and it struggled.

I moved to an E8600 @ 4Ghz and it was better, Today I am running an i52500K @ 4.6 and FSX flys.

Still, in 2005 you could buy an Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition running @ 3,73GHz. The leap up to 4,6 GHz isn't that impressive over a 10 year period, compared to the development that happened in the decades before FSX was released.

FSX was developed for very fast single core CPUs and DX9 graphics, but Intel and AMD shifted their development towards multi-core CPUs instead. That is part of the reason many feel the need to use custom built overclocked computers to run FSX in a satisfying manner - almost ten years after FSX was released.

FSX has always been flying on whatever computer I've used it on since I don't need to move every slider to the far right.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

get a laptop like mine, it runs fsx, p3d, xp10, etc. at full settings with amazing fps.

ASUS ROG G751 Series Gaming Laptop 

Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50-3.20GHz)

16GB Memory

2TB 7200rpm HDD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

17.3" IPS Screen

Windows 8.1 64-Bit

2TB HDD EXTERNAL USB 3.0

$2000 approx., i bought 3......1 for me, 1 for wifey and 1 for my kid.  All 3 are running great!

+1

I have the same laptop as FSXSEPILOT and it runs very well.

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

How to run FSX guide by David.

step 1. Throw money at newegg.Com for pc parts

step 2. Build pc

step 3. Throw money at addon developers

step 4. Throw money at flight Sim hardware makers

step.5 Now deal with OOMS and Ctds

step 6 post on avsim in total excitement about how you actually had an error free flight

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Sorry, but that's not a modern laptop at all. My 2008 laptop has better specs than this.

If you want FSX/P3D to run smoothly with add-ons, you have to invest in a high-end desktop.

ya im pretty much sure I got had, but when I search u laptops they all have those specs, I should just sell this thing and put it to get a better desktop. this one looks good http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229285

ya im pretty much sure I got had, but when I search u laptops they all have those specs, I should just sell this thing and put it to get a better desktop. this one looks good http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229285

Like FSXSEPILOT said above, it's best to go with an Intel/NVIDIA combination for FSX. Also, you should try and build your PC by yourself, as that will save you money and allow you to get even better parts.

AMD cpu/gpu is not good, go with NVIDIA/intel.

II am not getting any payware or scenery so I don't know why amd for regular fsx would be bad

Had a similar computer at one point for a backup (FX4300 with 7770 and 8GB RAM) and it ran default FSX at about 20 fps  :lol:

Thank you Intel for your amazing i5s!

Had a similar computer at one point for a backup (FX4300 with 7770 and 8GB RAM) and it ran default FSX at about 20 fps  :lol:

Thank you Intel for your amazing i5s!

If only Intel wasn't soo expensive, the cheapest one is like 800 $

If only Intel wasn't soo expensive, the cheapest one is like 800 $

Save up its worth it. I gained 15-20 FPS while using payware aircraft/Scenery when I switched from an AMD FX-8350 at 4.5ghz to a Intel I7 4790K at 4.5ghz. Quite simply Intel CPU's are a lot faster mhz for mhz

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm pretty happy with my i5 4gb W7 64bit with FS9. I was running FSX, not very well, & then I stuck on P3Dv1.4 as my laptop is only DX10, not DX11! I got better results with P3D & dumped FSX. But, thats my situation & could/will differ from another setup.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...