Sign in to follow this  
ahmed.alnoman

B777 Frame rates on P3D

Anyone know of a way to disable aircraft from the Favorites List so that they do not get loaded from the Vehicles screen? In other words, I only want to use certain aircraft.

Hi Pal:

What I do is move them out of aircraft folder and put them somewhere else for safe keeping usually the trash bin - but dont move f-22 as I think it needs to stay - there is a cfg file change to the sound line but way easier to just move them - hope this helps

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich

Thanks for that. Will try that. I figured that the F-22 like the Trike in FSX, stays put.

One more question, Rich. If I am running low on disk space, can I move P3D v2.5 out of C:\ to another drive? Or can I move sceneries to another drive yet have them see Prepar3D? For some strange reason when I had v2.4 on the C:\, I still had 30Gb spare, now I'm down to 12Gb.

Hi Rich

Thanks for that. Will try that. I figured that the F-22 like the Trike in FSX, stays put.

I wouldn't move anything - I would reinstall but maybe someone else with more experience doing this can chime in as I always load it on the c: drive  

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich

Discovered what ate up my SSD drive space reducing it from 30-odd GB to around 5-6Gb-----it was the set-up for Prepar3D v2.5 in My Documents. So, as per your advice, no need for me to touch the existent Prepar3D installation.

Prepar3d leaves about 10gb of useless files in c:\ProgramData\Packagecache from the install that take up space. I've deleted mine although I'm not sure if needed for uninstall.

Prepar3d leaves about 10gb of useless files in c:\ProgramData\Packagecache from the install that take up space. I've deleted mine although I'm not sure if needed for uninstall.

Thank you for that. You're spot-on. I've moved the contents elsewhere. That'll give me some headroom to play with.

On a different tangent, just throwing this about, does anyone use Traffic360? And if they do, how does one set up traffic?

Thanks, James. Glasgow Celtic, eh? Good win against the Auld Enemy, eh, in the Cup.

Already removed contents and recovered 10.7Gb.

vc10man. Yes my good man. Hail Hail. Easy!

I was doing a job there a long while ago, in the Director's Room, and as I rolled up to start work at 8am, met the legend that is Henrik Larsson. I've been a fan of the 'Celts' since before they became the very first British club to win the old European Cup, in 67, altho' I support the one-and-only L....pool!

Was really expecting more too here with P3D + PMDG but also quite dissapointed with the frame rates and hope this gets improved in a future update. I get about 25-30 fps (high settings with a strong system) which might seem ok but it is far from smooth and stutter free. When you start to pan around in the VC with the outside view it gets really sluggish for me.

This is particulary deceiving knowing the price tag and the fact that with my same system and high setting I get easily 40 fps and more with the another highly complex aircraft which is the DASH q400.  The additional FPS makes a huge difference for me in terms of smoothness on my system

Anthony brichart

What did you expect for top dollar (x2)? Seems a lot for some cool shadows, if your rig can run them. I knew I kept FSX installed for a reason.

On a brighter note, 777 sales will dry up come March.

Steve McLaren

When I go to cockpit view and undock the windows my frame rates are 30-50fps. When I go into VC it is 17 fps. This is normal for this program. 

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

When I go to cockpit view and undock the windows my frame rates are 30-50fps. When I go into VC it is 17 fps. This is normal for this program.

That's fairly obvious. In 2D cockpit view there's no high fidelity model to display or textures etc. In VC there's a very high fidelity model, textures, animations etc all to display plus AA, shadows etc.

In my plane collection, PMDG 777 has to be the biggest FPS killer.

Running p3d v2.5 in virtual cockpit view and sitting on the runway at KLFI:

Default F-22 runs at ~90s FPS

Aerosoft Airbus 318-319 runs at ~40s FPS

PMDG 777 runs at ~25s FPS

My machine:

i7-2600k

gtx 970

16 GB ddr3

win 8.1 64 bit

Jimmy chan