Sign in to follow this  
ahmed.alnoman

B777 Frame rates on P3D

Hello, 

Thanks for this great product and many thanks for supporting P3D. I purchased both the base and -300 package for the B777 on P3D last night. The biggest thing that caught my attention was the frame rates running under the same conditions as with other add-ons (FlyTampa LOWW, and ASN). The frame rates are very low compared to other add-on aircrafts that I'm running on P3D. I have my frame rate locked at 30FPS, usually I get it anywhere between 25 ~ 30. With the B777 the frame rate was between 12 ~ 17. It made it very sluggish. 

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Ahmed Noman

Hello, 

Thanks for this great product and many thanks for supporting P3D. I purchased both the base and -300 package for the B777 on P3D last night. The biggest thing that caught my attention was the frame rates running under the same conditions as with other add-ons (FlyTampa LOWW, and ASN). The frame rates are very low compared to other add-on aircrafts that I'm running on P3D. I have my frame rate locked at 30FPS, usually I get it anywhere between 25 ~ 30. With the B777 the frame rate was between 12 ~ 17. It made it very sluggish. 

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Ahmed Noman

I also have bought the T7 200-LRF and 300-ER for P3D yesterday. The installations went fine, the OPC did a great job and everything showed up perfectly inside P3D. Liveries installed also like a charm for both A/Cs.

Regarding framerates:

in outside spot view I get 20-25 FPS (ext. locked to 20 via 1/3 vsync nvidia inspector).

In VC view I only get 14 to 17 FPS. But that is o.k. for me because I only have a GTX 425M on a 1stGEN i7 laptop. P3D finally makes use of newest GPU technology. My GPU is over 4 years old (almost first with DX11) and that is simply too old...

I knew when investing in P3D + PMDG A/Cs a new GPU-monster PC becomes obligatory. But I am still on hold for that new PC because P3D's 3D-Vision policy is still obscure... and for me there is no turning back towards flat VC panels...

Reading these 2 posts, glad to note it is not just me, or my set-up. Admittedly, my GPU is old now, GTX560Ti made by Gigabyte, whose products I will never buy again. Am looking to get a 960, or 970, or a 980

Frame rates are kind of poor even while flying above 30,000 feet.

Do you also have this huge difference in FPS numbers when switching between VC view and e.g. outside spot view?

(For me everything above stable 20 FPS is well flyable. Just below that is "when the party gets disturbed". Means: I am not dreaming of 60FPS+, just asking for 20FPS+...)

Heck of a complex add-on, to run in a heck of a resource-intensive platform like P3D.

I don't own the PMDG 777 in P3D, but certainly for the Aerosoft A320, I have to turn settings down a lot in P3D, to get to similar frames as in FSX.

Frame rates are kind of poor even while flying above 30,000 feet.

Looking at your machine Spec,  it doesn't hold much hope for any of us  :rolleyes:

Same with me, compared to 30-35 fps with other complex addons (airbusx) im getting low 20's at altitude and on the ground with the pmdg 777.  Hope the ngx fares better.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

My spec :

I5 4670k

8gig RAM

MSI GTX 970 twinfrozer IV 1200mhz clock speed (not OC)

I get betweem 22-30 fps in VC even in populated area unless I go somewhere like LA. It also is highly depending if I have an FTX Orbx product int that region. I get between 55-60fps in spot view. It's very smooth with no stutter. I also got lots of bell and whistle enable. So you can achieve that if you tweak P3D properly.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Do you also have this huge difference in FPS numbers when switching between VC view and e.g. outside spot view?

(For me everything above stable 20 FPS is well flyable. Just below that is "when the party gets disturbed". Means: I am not dreaming of 60FPS+, just asking for 20FPS+...)

I get poor frame-rates in VC compared to FSX-MS and FSX-SE, and external views only yield around no more than 20FPS(albeit I have a 30FPS limit). Not exactly the Nirvana I was hoping. I'm hoping for better when I change GPU, cause the CPU and RAM are rock solid.

Heck of a complex add-on, to run in a heck of a resource-intensive platform like P3D.

I don't own the PMDG 777 in P3D, but certainly for the Aerosoft A320, I have to turn settings down a lot in P3D, to get to similar frames as in FSX.

I agree to every single word of your post as it is exactly my experience...

In an earlier post on the release I called it "FSXifying" P3D for the sake of flyability.

That actually can not be the target we aimed for.

But I am still confident that there will (has to) be a hardware recommendation officially suggested or stated at some point, so that milages vary in reasonable ranges... 

I would say folks around here don't want tweaks, they want solutions...

My spec :

I5 4670k

8gig RAM

MSI GTX 970 twinfrozer IV 1200mhz clock speed (not OC)

I get betweem 22-30 fps in VC even in populated area unless I go somewhere like LA. It also is highly depending if I have an FTX Orbx product int that region. I get between 55-60fps in spot view. It's very smooth with no stutter. I also got lots of bell and whistle enable. So you can achieve that if you tweak P3D properly.

I have almost the same specs except my cpu is an old lynfield quad at 3.8. That must be why your fps are slightly higher.  To give pmdg and p3d some credit I will say that p3d looks one million times better than fsx dx10 even with sweetfx.  I am able to use cloud shadows, water reflections, hdr, tesselation, vc shadows etc with almost no impact on fps, the same could not be said of fsx.  Also while the fps number is lower p3d is virtually stutter free.  But thats whats odd, while I cannot seem to increase the fps using any tweaks, the higher settings in p3d dont lower the fps either.  Guess I'll have to live with 22 fps for now.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I get poor frame-rates in VC compared to FSX-MS and FSX-SE, and external views only yield around no more than 20FPS(albeit I have a 30FPS limit). Not exactly the Nirvana I was hoping. I'm hoping for better when I change GPU, cause the CPU and RAM are rock solid.

Exactly the same experience here. New GPU power on top of my wish list, though providing a 3D-Vision solution is mandatory for me

I am able to use cloud shadows, water reflections, hdr, tesselation, vc shadows etc with almost no impact on fps, the same could not be said of fsx. Also while the fps number is lower p3d is virtually stutter free.

That sounds promising. Probably a system like "fogboundturtle"'s would be a nice turnkey solution for meanwhile-tweaking-dislikers.

Well grabbed the plane last night (just the base version) and on my GTX970 I am honestly getting no better FPS than I do on the FSX version. Outside around 25fps and around 20 in the VC. Yes I have a lot of bars at max like I do on the FSX version so a little disappointed.

Barry Hicks

From EGFF to YSSY