Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatcund

There's no Addon Scenery folder

Ryan, I would just create one and see how it works out, lots of stuff is going to make directories under the root folder as time goes by.

Is there a reason why the Addon Scenery folder has been removed? It seemed like a sensible place to install freeware scenery packages. In fact, I keep a backup copy of the entire folder.

A lot of structural changes in this version to apparently fit with Windows standards. The terrain.cfg file is no longer in the root directory and I also hear that there is now a SimObjects.cfg file (so there no longer is a Simobjects section to the P3D.cfg file). I am waiting to install v2.5 until developers get situated with the new file structure, which means the new installers will need tweaking.  Annoying hurdles and growing pains as P3D is continuing to move forward but I think this is all in preparation for when P3D goes 64-bit. All in all a good thing.

Todd

Is there a reason why the Addon Scenery folder has been removed? It seemed like a sensible place to install freeware scenery packages. In fact, I keep a backup copy of the entire folder.

This is what I've done for now

Annoying hurdles and growing pains as P3D is continuing to move forward but I think this is all in preparation for when P3D goes 64-bit. All in all a good thing.

Surely that would only be relevant if you wanted compatibility between the 32bit and 64bit versions?