Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Introducing my latest project (An orbx-style GA airfield)

(Anyone got any suggestions?)

Maybe ... Did you already try the "decal" technology? I used it in my Santorini Scenery - example screenshot:

cpm57rkplofn4igcx.jpg

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Yep, this is exactly what I'm using over the photo scenery (It looks far worse without). I'm thinking it's just the colours that are all wrong. This is the best I could find for the UK at a decent price. Licensed aerial photography is horribly expensive.

Wow Tony, is that last shot a real one or the XPX one ? This looks good but going to chew up CPU/GPU/RAM :).  That grass looks too real

BUT PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE IT TILL I GET A NEW POWERFUL SYSTEM I WANT TO ENJOY IT @100fps MAX SETTINGS.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Since it's a small airfield I can luckily have more detail than otherwise would be acceptable in a large airport. The killer is the large textures from the orphophotos which take up lots of disk space and video memory. Repeating textures (which don't look like they are repeating) is the way to go here

Tony, just BEAUTIFUL !!!

You have my permission to release it immediately, I just beefed up my pc (GTX970 + 16GB ram). :P :P

Tony , as for the photoreal , try changing a decal set.

There hundreds of them I think , just expermint , some of them will make "smaller" noise.

I've done some more experimentation trying to get the ground textures more realistic. I've found it's possible to do without photoimagery, but requires lots of editing work in Photoshop :smile:. Unfortunately the tools for scenery design in X-Plane make it very difficult to see how ground polygons will look (WED just shows a white box, and OverlayEditor just flickers). The reload scenery inside X-Plane is very useful here

I've started updating the grass area and car park outside the clubhouse:
Alabeo_R66_4.jpg

Additionally, I've added in tyre tracks, mud and dirt and tried to blend it in to the locations of the buildings:
Alabeo_R66_1.jpg

Alabeo_R66_2.jpg

Alabeo_R66_3.jpg

For the grass taxiway and runway, I'll need to think up a more efficient way of making a nice varied texture which matches the real colour from the photo-imagery.

I WANT TO ENJOY IT @100fps MAX SETTINGS.

You will NOT enjoy any scenery on any current computer at 100 FPS with max settings.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Perhaps not yet, anyway.  :lol:   I have my settings pretty close to max and often get over 100fps in flight, but not on the ground at custom airports.

Nice work, Tony.!

Actually, you can get 100fps if you turn off all your scenery, fly over water and use the 2D cockpit :smile: