Sign in to follow this  
N1G

RUScenery - What is is and is it worth the download

Hi,

I wanted to install KVNY (Van Nuys) but it required  RuScenery. After looking at the website it stated it was for Russion airports etc.

Not sure if I should download or not. Did not want to move something that will not make the standard at some point in time.

What would you suggest? Anyone here using it?

Bob

Bob,

I'm not an X-Plane guys, so I Googled "RUScenery" as I was unfamiliar with the term.  Here is what Google lead me to, it's very informative.

RUScenery Link

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Bob,

I'm not an X-Plane guys, so I Googled "RUScenery" as I was unfamiliar with the term.  Here is what Google lead me to, it's very informative.

RUScenery Link

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Hey Dave, thanks. I did read another link, but I was just curious about quality and who might have some input if any concerning the objects. Not sure why I would want Russian buildings or objects for an American Airport. Just curious.

Alot of Airport makers use pieces from various libraries. When I created mine I used parts from: OpensceneryX, FF_Library, RUScenery, People Lib, Flags of the US. For X-plane I think its best to get all the more popular libraries and RU is one of them.

RUScenery is quite a commonly used library and used by lots of freeware stuff, so worth grabbing it. It has lots of decent objects like rusted hangars, tractors etc..

On a side note, I'm sure it puts people off when they see they have to download many different libraries to use an airport (especially newbies). The problem with these large libraries is that even if you want to use just one or two objects, their license prevents you from just copying the object into your own scenery. 

I keep most all of those libraries in my Custom Scenery folder so I don't need to worry if a downloaded airport will display properly.  Yes, it's a pain to go find all of them, but once you have them, usually they don't need to be updated very often.  Most of us who use freeware scenery have these libraries installed.

Alot of Airport makers use pieces from various libraries. When I created mine I used parts from: OpensceneryX, FF_Library, RUScenery, People Lib, Flags of the US. For X-plane I think its best to get all the more popular libraries and RU is one of them.

I did not realize that there were so many libs out there. Great, thanks for the input!

What about updates to these libs?  Do any of the major xp sites publish or announce updates  so users can remain current.

I too would like to download most of these and get them installed, which seems to be a good way to do it.

Bob

Both the RUScenery and the OpensceneryX come with installers.  Just run the installers and they will update the list automatically.  The others you will probably have to keep an eye on the New Files section to see when they are updated.  OpensceheryX hasn't been updated in quite some time, so it's probably good as it is.

Both the RUScenery and the OpensceneryX come with installers.  Just run the installers and they will update the list automatically.  The others you will probably have to keep an eye on the New Files section to see when they are updated.  OpensceheryX hasn't been updated in quite some time, so it's probably good as it is.

Thanks!