Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Installing FSX and FSX:SE Updates

Robert, Kyle,

The default NGX panel state in my installation does not have the spurious master warnings problem. So I made a new "short" panel state using this as a basis and this loads correctly. Hopefully this workaround is useful for other FSX users with the same problem.

I can confirm that this is the case for me as well.

Hello everyone!

737-8/900 und 737-6/700 base/expansion installers worked fine here!
Both installations for FSX and FSX-SE went fine. (BTW: P3D product version also no problems).

I followed Kyle's instructions to use the control panel uninstallers for the old 737 FSX 1st) expansion package and 2nd) base package.

Before running the new base/expansion packages, I really removed everything that remained inside FSX relating to the old PMDG 737 installation (inside FSX programm and roaming locations, as Kyle mentioned).

(Additionally I removed everything inside the roaming location folders for the PMDG-OC related to "737". This step is NOT necessary(!) and will cause to LOSE(!) the OC's ability to reactivate former installed 737 liveries. (Orphant livery reactivation via the OC worked perfectly for the T7 liveries after my clean install for the T7SP1C!) Just because I heard quite some people here having problems I wanted to be 150% sure that nothing old could stand in the way for the new installers... )

My OC is running fine with all fresh 737 installations recognized for FSX, FSX:SE and P3D.
So once again: IMO the OC can be left "100% untouched" and the main problems are remaining 737 related (by name) folders/files in:

C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

and especially

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG.

Have a nice weekend!

@Ace

What files are they?

Thanks,

Both pmdg products build hours so that you get service based failures.. They are in the pmdg>aircraft folder

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Posted Yesterday, 09:52 AM

gpinho7, on 06 Mar 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

I reinstalled PMDG as you said in the 1st post.

The panel states are sill there...

They're named the same thing, but they've been updated.

I followed the uninstall/reinstall procedure as described above.  When finished with the uninstall, there was no 737 folder in the [sim]/PMDG folder.  When install was compete the panel state files are all dated from 2011/2012.  The Ops Center confirms that I have the right version 1.10.6436.  Shouldn't the date on the panel state files be newer?

I am installing the FSX (not Steam) version (the only platform I have installed).

When I go into the sim with the default panel state (engines running) everything is fine.  I then changed to the LONG panel state and set that as my default.  Starting from that state, I went through the normal procedures to get the aircraft ready to go.  After engine start, I had the FUEL, FLT CTRL, and ANTI-ICE warnings.

If the issue is the old panel states, why is the new installer giving me such old panel states?  Can PMDG post a ZIP file of the new panel states so I don't have to uninstall/reinstall (for the 5th time)?

Bill Rowe

Shouldn't the date on the panel state files be newer?

That's what I had thought, but the FSX version doesn't have updated panel states so the files are older.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The following is written for both the NGX and the 777 because the procedure is the same. Chose one or the other and follow the procedure for that version.

• [procedure]

Kyle: I uninstalled the NGX and went to the PMDG site to get SP1d but when I sign in I get stuck in a continuous loop. When I click on downloads all of the links for NGX updates are for the log in but after you log in and go back it does not change. I can not find a link to get the update. Am I missing something really simple? (Would not be the first time lol.)  

Kyle: I uninstalled the NGX and went to the PMDG site to get SP1d but when I sign in I get stuck in a continuous loop. When I click on downloads all of the links for NGX updates are for the log in but after you log in and go back it does not change. I can not find a link to get the update. Am I missing something really simple? (Would not be the first time lol.)  

Kinda. Try logging into the store directory by going to the main page and clicking SHOP. Once there, click on the Register/Login link at the top right. Some browsers choke on the transition from our main page into the store.

Kyle Rodgers

Kinda. Try logging into the store directory by going to the main page and clicking SHOP. Once there, click on the Register/Login link at the top right. Some browsers choke on the transition from our main page into the store.

Kyle: I tried that way and tried it in Chrome. I have IE11. There is no issues signing in the site knows who I am just does not want to give up the NGX. (Can't say that I blame em) 

Kyle: I tried that way and tried it in Chrome. I have IE11. There is no issues signing in the site knows who I am just does not want to give up the NGX. (Can't say that I blame em) 

So you're signing in, finding your original purchase of the NGX, clicking on the download link in that original purchase, and it's kicking you out?

Kyle Rodgers

So you're signing in, finding your original purchase of the NGX, clicking on the download link in that original purchase, and it's kicking you out?

I went back to the original release post and it does say to log in and download the NGX. I will do that now but if that is the way the update is intended why have the loop when you try to use the update link in the site? 

I went back to the original release post and it does say to log in and download the NGX. I will do that now but if that is the way the update is intended why have the loop when you try to use the update link in the site? 

I'm confused as to what you're referring to with this "loop."

• Act like you're going to our site to buy something (or to simply log into your account).
  • Find your NGX order.
  • Download from that original order.

If you went to the Downloads > Service Updates page earlier, we've updated the text to make it more obvious as to what you're supposed to do.

This isn't downloading a service pack. You're downloading the entire installer all over again, just as if you bought the NGX 30 seconds ago.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi

I too have had the same problem re the caution lights for fuel and anti ice. I uninstalled the 737 expansion and then the base pack. I didn't delete any other folders as I had noticed in the read me file under UNINSTALL NOTES the following in block capitals "DO NOT MANUALLY DELETE FILES FROM YOUR MACHINE". I have now read this thread and see that it's suggested that we should manually uninstall files. Please could someone from PMDG clarify the official position especially as the above quote is printed directly above the EULA.

Don't know if this helps? Not that computer savvy, but I have a fresh install (formatted HD) with FSX:SE, PMDG 737NGX SP1d, ASN, Rex4E+OD, so there would be no old panel states and I get the fuel warning that won't go. Not noticed anti ice yet?

Also currently away so cannot check more until April :(

I'm confused as to what you're referring to with this "loop."

• Act like you're going to our site to buy something (or to simply log into your account).
  • Find your NGX order.
  • Download from that original order.

If you went to the Downloads > Service Updates page earlier, we've updated the text to make it more obvious as to what you're supposed to do.

This isn't downloading a service pack. You're downloading the entire installer all over again, just as if you bought the NGX 30 seconds ago.

Kyle: I owe you an apology. I thoroughly read the text in the updates box and it clearly states what you should do. If I had done that the first time all of this could have been avoided. Usually I am good at this sort of stuff. As you have stated before "Read the Manual". 

Okay, I'm a little confused. I am intending to purchase FSX-SE to avoid the OOM's when I fly the PMDG 777-200ER. I own both the 777/737 NGX and wonder why I need to uninstall them prior to buying and installing Steam? If in fact that needs to be done, how about some more detailed instructions for the computer disadvantaged.

Thanks,

Harley7354