Sign in to follow this  
GEKtheReaper

Tutorial #2

Hello guys,

I just shortly purchased the PMDG (few months now) and have a problem following the Tutorial #2 flight. It seems I am unable to do any of the FMC reprogramming that is presented in this tutorial ADVANCED FMC ROUTE MODIFICATIONS, so no direct shortcuts, no offsets, no anything. I also didn't found any of these problems covered in this forum.

Will be glad if someone had a solution to this since I would like to use at least some of these features, like the offset path to get arround bad weather cells.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

It seems I am unable to do any of the FMC reprogramming that is presented in this tutorial ADVANCED FMC ROUTE MODIFICATIONS, so no direct shortcuts, no offsets, no anything.

Can you be more specific? What exactly is going wrong? What error messages are you seeing?

What sim are you using?

Best regards,
Gerald

Welcome to the forum. There are a few rules here that you should review in the General Support section, but one of them is to use your full name in your posts. Please do so in the future. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Well, first of all I can't enter TESGA/-20 since i get an error message like invalid entry. I still have TESGA as a waypoint but can't enter any combination to pinnpoint 20nm before it. At the TESGA270/20 entry I also get the same error message.

I'm using FSX SP2 on Win 8.1

Gerald Krutsch

Gerald K. - Germany

Well, first of all I can't enter TESGA/-20 since i get an error message like invalid entry. I still have TESGA as a waypoint but can't enter any combination to pinnpoint 20nm before it. At the TESGA270/20 entry I also get the same error message.

Can you describe exactly how you're getting TESGA/-20 into the scratchpad? Are you typing the whole thing? etc?

Kyle Rodgers

I tryed all the variants specified in the manual. Copy TESGA waypoint with the LSK and entered /-20 after it. I deleted the whole entry and entered it completely by scratchpad. All entryes looked like TESGA/-20 (no spaces between) but it still didn't worked.

I was also unable to enter the direct to TESGA as presented on page 0.00.92 to "cut the corner".

I flown the Tutorial#2 from had to toes but could not test those practical examples in the FMC programming. These are also the only errors I received with this plane.

Gerald K. - Germany

I am in the same position as the OP. I have exactly the same problem and have tried all the things the OP has. Is there an answer to this problem?

Colin Ackerman

I am in the same position as the OP. I have exactly the same problem and have tried all the things the OP has. Is there an answer to this problem?

Colin Ackerman

The solution to your problem is to figure out what you are doing wrong... it's not a bug; honest.  A common scratchpad problem occurs when you are using the keyboard shortcut (scratchpad is outlined inside a green box) and then leave the keyboard shortcut turned on after leaving the FMS and the next key you press gets entered into the scratchpad.  Next time you use the scratchpad, to enter a along-path-custom-waypoint for example, you enter it correctly but it doesn't work because of the previous key press that is still in there.  It's hard to catch these errors without a complete description of the problem you are having other than " I am having same problem is there a fix?"

Dan Downs KCRP

I tryed all the variants specified in the manual. Copy TESGA waypoint with the LSK and entered /-20 after it. I deleted the whole entry and entered it completely by scratchpad. All entryes looked like TESGA/-20 (no spaces between) but it still didn't worked.

I was also unable to enter the direct to TESGA as presented on page 0.00.92 to "cut the corner".

I flown the Tutorial#2 from had to toes but could not test those practical examples in the FMC programming. These are also the only errors I received with this plane.

Have you solved this problem yet? If not then I have!

Have you solved this problem yet? If not then I have!

Wow..this was a very old Problem. I can't remenber if I solved it or not. During this time I have switched from FSX BOXED to FSX SE and I think it worked then. Nevertheless you can share your fix!

Regards, Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany